News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

#VFEFRIDAY Pale Horse

Started by jjjimi84, February 19, 2021, 12:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is the Pale Horse and this thing is just killer. For a VFE build it is pretty easy and straightforward, no weird parts needed. For me all of the VFE builds were really daunting and I was hesitant to even get started on them. For the build I taped the sides and airbrushed on a coat of white then silver then a clear yellow followed by a clear coat. Once everything was dry my son suggested I paint all of the Koopalings on a pedal, I went a little further and did every koopaling on a pedal. These characters have an interesting history as they first appeared in Super Mario World for the SNES and are all named after actual people. This is Ludwig, after Ludwig van Beethoven and is the eldest of them. He will be the first of the next seven weeks of Koopaling VFE builds.

Since my son was off school today, I had him do a photo shoot with his creation.

Edit: upon further review the koopalings first appeared in Super Mario Brothers 3 for the NES, a very important game in the franchise

Thewintersoldier

this is so awesome Dan, the pedal looks great, and very cool idea he had for the paintings. And Super Mario world is my Favorite mario game. I played that non stop so many times start to finish, also because being poor it was my only snes game when I got the system lol
Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 19, 2021, 12:47:19 PM
this is so awesome Dan, the pedal looks great, and very cool idea he had for the paintings. And Super Mario world is my Favorite mario game. I played that non stop so many times start to finish, also because being poor it was my only snes game when I got the system lol

Thank you, I was raised in a similar fashion. I remember my Dad getting it and playing it non stop with him on the weekends. My son and I still play it now even with all of the high tech games out there, it holds up really well.

gordo

Nice!  Gratuitous kid shot for the win.  My dog used to hang around while I worked at the bench and that's the closest I got to family involvement, good for you.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Netnnk

One of my favorite Screamer pedals. It's so loud!  I like that you can clean things up and flatten that mid hump some too.

redkurn

Nicely done!

Did you have to flash anything to the VFE IC or did it all work out of box?
Been going over the instructions and noticed that red "I do not have the code to program the micro-controllers. This is proprietary to VFE." part.

jjjimi84

Quote from: gordo on February 19, 2021, 04:29:10 PM
Nice!  Gratuitous kid shot for the win.  My dog used to hang around while I worked at the bench and that's the closest I got to family involvement, good for you.

I try to get my wife involved but she tends to have blinders on when it comes to my office, which sucks as she is really creative.

Quote from: Netnnk on February 19, 2021, 07:49:52 PM
One of my favorite Screamer pedals. It's so loud!  I like that you can clean things up and flatten that mid hump some too.

Mine too! Funny enough I like it more than the Ice Cream and the Scream. It seems more dynamic and gets used quite a bit because of that.

Quote from: redkurn on February 20, 2021, 02:51:17 AM
Nicely done!

Did you have to flash anything to the VFE IC or did it all work out of box?
Been going over the instructions and noticed that red "I do not have the code to program the micro-controllers. This is proprietary to VFE." part.

Buy from madbean, Brian provides the IC needed for the switching. While your shopping get one of everything, BYOC got me started and MBP has kept me building for years and years.

destro

My son occasionally likes my creations, but he loved your all's. He hasn't earned Ludwig yet (we use plushies as incentives,) but here he is with his favorite, Iggy. I keep telling him that he never, ever wants to become a drummer, in hopes that I will finally have someone to jam with. Maybe the ol' reverse psychology might work. Ha!

jjjimi84

Quote from: destro on February 20, 2021, 01:41:50 PM
My son occasionally likes my creations, but he loved your all's. He hasn't earned Ludwig yet (we use plushies as incentives,) but here he is with his favorite, Iggy. I keep telling him that he never, ever wants to become a drummer, in hopes that I will finally have someone to jam with. Maybe the ol' reverse psychology might work. Ha!

We do the exact same thing with plushies!! That is so funny to me and crazier yet is my sons favorite is Iggy also! I will post him next Friday for your son, I have no shortage of Mario themed pedals.

destro

Ha! Right on. Looking forward to it!