News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fuzzrite

Started by Thewintersoldier, February 18, 2021, 01:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Here is another super simple fuzz that I've had forever. I built a general guitar gadgets version years ago but it was a hot mess of spaghetti. This one turned out really good. This was a powder coated tayda box that got a stew mac nut vise dropped on it and messed up the paint on the top. Took a long time to sand all that stuff off and get this level of smooth. For the art work I dug deep in the marvel catalog to go with the spaghetti western pedigree of the fuzzrite, the Rawhide Kid from their wild west series  back in the day. The No Film decal turned out great on this and I even went with OG fuzzrite style knobs to round it out. Of course it totally sounds the part too!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

mjg

I do look forward to your builds, love the Marvel theme.  Can't say I've ever heard of the character this time.

Little cowboy hats for the knobs would have been over the top.  ;)

cooder

Sweet fuzzyness, great build! Talk about low part count on that... even two jumpers and a blank spot...
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

That looks great!  I'm digging the bare metal on your last few builds. 

I have stripped a few Tayda boxes by wrapping them in paper towels soaked with acetone and leaving them in a plastic bag for a few hours.  Then I used a razor blade to scrape off the paint before sanding. 

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: cooder on February 19, 2021, 07:15:40 AM
Sweet fuzzyness, great build! Talk about low part count on that... even two jumpers and a blank spot...
thanks, and the blank spot is for a clr for the led. I guess I could fave filled it haha

Quote from: mjg on February 19, 2021, 07:01:48 AM
I do look forward to your builds, love the Marvel theme.  Can't say I've ever heard of the character this time.

Little cowboy hats for the knobs would have been over the top.  ;)
Thanks, glad people dig it, I have fun with it. I get so much inspiration from everyone here and I really wanted to have my thing like so many of you have your thing going on in your designs. As for the character, I hadn't read any of the old western comics marvel did, but I remembered that there was time travel in one comic and the hulk interacted with him and that's where I came up with the idea. And yeah, cowboy hat knobs would have been way over the top!  ;D

Quote from: Bio77 on February 19, 2021, 03:52:34 PM
That looks great!  I'm digging the bare metal on your last few builds. 

I have stripped a few Tayda boxes by wrapping them in paper towels soaked with acetone and leaving them in a plastic bag for a few hours.  Then I used a razor blade to scrape off the paint before sanding. 
Thanks, John The bare metal is a cool look with the no film. And that acetone on paper towel in a bag is a great idea, gonna have to try for sure! Also, another build report incoming with the board you sent me.
Who the hell is Bucky?

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects