News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

jmk test rig

Started by Thewintersoldier, February 01, 2020, 05:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

decided that I had outgrown my old test rig and wanted a more streamlined all in one more flexible solution. Built the jmk testing rig and added a variable voltage ala madbean test rig via a road rage board I had.I decided to cram 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag and stuff it all in a 1590bb box. the only road rage i had was a bypass board so that made it a tighter fit. added a 12v tap wired off the 15v with a 12v regulator wired in series. love this thing. sharpie labeling ftw!
old box:

new rig:

Who the hell is Bucky?

dawson

That's awesome, man!
It may just end up being your most-used pedal!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

woolie

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 01, 2020, 05:49:44 AM
decided that I had outgrown my old test rig and wanted a more streamlined all in one more flexible solution. Built the jmk testing rig and added a variable voltage ala madbean test rig via a road rage board I had.I decided to cram 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag and stuff it all in a 1590bb box. the only road rage i had was a bypass board so that made it a tighter fit. added a 12v tap wired off the 15v with a 12v regulator wired in series. love this thing. sharpie labeling ftw!
old box:

new rig:

I'd love to build this. Do you have plans or instructions?

W.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jimilee

Quote from: woolie on February 01, 2020, 11:30:54 AM
old box:

new rig:

W.

Jmkpcbs.com or did you mean the charge pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

That's pretty awesome yo. Just keep in mind that a charge pump isn't regulated. You would need a regulator, but I don't know how to do that.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

The 12 and 15 volt taps are regulated because they use regulators. 18 volts is unregulated. But for simple testing and biasing before boxing it shouldn't be an issue.
Quote from: jimilee on February 01, 2020, 11:55:29 AM
That's pretty awesome yo. Just keep in mind that a charge pump isn't regulated. You would need a regulator, but I don't know how to do that.

Who the hell is Bucky?

Thewintersoldier

The test rig is from jmkpcbs.com and the voltage selector is the madbean road rage board. All instructions are in the build docs for each pcb. I just painted by numbers haha
Quote from: woolie on February 01, 2020, 11:30:54 AM
old box:

new rig:

W.

Who the hell is Bucky?

woolie

Sounds about my speed. Thanks, ordered.