News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ordered my Klein bottle kit

Started by jimilee, February 05, 2020, 12:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I got antsy and ordered the kit, he was down to 4 kits, and I didn't want to have to wait on a possible restock. Has anyone built theirs yet?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

EBK

Yep.  Welcome to the awesome madness.   ;D

There is one tricky bit of soldering near the top center of the board.  It would be easier to solder a couple things in a different order, but I can't remember it at the moment.  Somewhere I posted a note about this.  I'll have to search later.

(Mine is sitting on my repair pile for some unrelated minor rework, but let's not talk about that right now.  ;))
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

benny_profane

Another in the Klein Bottle Club. Still haven't done my mod with the enormous capacitor. Be aware that it's a four layer board with a lot of copper. Things take a bit longer to heat up than normal. EBK is right about the hard-to-get-to pot. It's nestled in a grove of caps beside a few inductors. Search the forum and you'll find some helpful threads. Good luck! And have fun with it! It's a really fun circuit.