News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dueling Herbies Drill template / guide

Started by jimilee, February 03, 2020, 07:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Does anyone have a drill template or something that you used when you drilled your dueling herbies? It's got a F*** ton of knobs and a stupid amount of switches.  Any help is much appreciated.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

Well I could have sent you my graphic for the one I did but unfortunately it is on my laptop which is dead and my wife thinks she turned the power supply into her school and her IT guy can't find it. 

If know one sends you anything here are the measurements off of mine which should put you close:

This is measured by putting a straight edge against the side of the enclosure and butting a ruler against it.

Row 1 down 24/32
Row 2 down 1 14/32 Switches
Row 3 down 2 4/32
Row 4 down 2 26/32

Knobs and switches Left to right

17/32  1 8/32  1 29/32  2 20/32  3 10/32  4 1/32

diablochris6

If you give me a bit, I can make one up using my Eagle file.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jimilee

Quote from: diablochris6 on February 03, 2020, 11:52:10 AM
That would be awesome and very kind of you Chris.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

Quote from: jimilee on February 03, 2020, 12:08:26 PM
Quote from: diablochris6 on February 03, 2020, 11:52:10 AM
That would be awesome and very kind of you Chris.

Chris is the best.  He must be playing hooky from his teaching duties today. LOL. 

diablochris6

Quote from: BrianS on February 03, 2020, 12:31:58 PM
Chris is the best.  He must be playing hooky from his teaching duties today. LOL.
Not playing hooky. Let's just say that I enjoy a video to show the class as much as the students do.

Try this for a template https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CWR9WwZphmUA6YEJ1ITG1JiOMcDhgCTJ
Mind the orientation, but the size should be right.

jimilee

Quote from: diablochris6 on February 03, 2020, 04:14:53 PM
Quote from: BrianS on February 03, 2020, 12:31:58 PM
Not playing hooky. Let's just say that I enjoy a video to show the class as much as the students do.

Try this for a template https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CWR9WwZphmUA6YEJ1ITG1JiOMcDhgCTJ
Mind the orientation, but the size should be right.
Thank you sir. I am not looking forward to drilling that thing. I need a few more pots to finish up. 18 knobs and 6 switches, wow.

Timko

jimilee

BrianS

jimilee

Quote from: BrianS on February 04, 2020, 11:27:51 AM
1590XX is what I used.
That's what I got for it. As I build it, it seems to be getting bigger and bigger, so I wasn't sure.

EBK

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is this dueling herbies thing? 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jimilee

Quote from: EBK on February 04, 2020, 11:56:19 AM
Double envelope filter with an LFO, It was designed by diablochris.

EBK

Quote from: jimilee on February 04, 2020, 12:18:03 PM
Quote from: EBK on February 04, 2020, 11:56:19 AM
Double envelope filter with an LFO, It was designed by diablochris.
Sounds cool.   :)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

diablochris6

It's a double envelope filter with one filter always swinging up and the other swinging down both in autowah or LFO mode. The filter is a modified take on the Lovetone Meatball.