News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dueling Herbies Drill template / guide

Started by jimilee, February 03, 2020, 07:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Quote from: diablochris6 on February 04, 2020, 03:30:33 PM
It's a double envelope filter with one filter always swinging up and the other swinging down both in autowah or LFO mode. The filter is a modified take on the Lovetone Meatball.
One thing I did notice, you only put 18 knobs and 6 switches on it. I feel like you weren't really trying. You could get at least 12 more knobs on there.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

diablochris6

Quote from: jimilee on February 04, 2020, 04:21:07 PM
It's a double envelope filter with one filter always swinging up and the other swinging down both in autowah or LFO mode. The filter is a modified take on the Lovetone Meatball.
One thing I did notice, you only put 18 knobs and 6 switches on it. I feel like you weren't really trying. You could get at least 12 more knobs on there.
I'll make sure to try harder for the Triple Herbies
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jimilee

Quote from: diablochris6 on February 04, 2020, 05:47:18 PM
Challenge accepted. I can't wait to finish it.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

Quote from: jimilee on February 04, 2020, 05:48:54 PM
Quote from: diablochris6 on February 04, 2020, 05:47:18 PM
Challenge accepted. I can't wait to finish it.

Wait till you start playing with this one before you wish for more LOL.  I think I am stuck on turning like 5 knobs and flipping 2 switches.  The rest are just mind boggling  ::).

Muadzin

:o :o :o

Dear God, and I thought the Meatball was a knob and switch infested nightmare. How can anyone dial anything useful with that much options?

EBK

There is a useful-to-fun spectrum that all pedals lie on somewhere.  Sometimes it is all about playing the guitar, and sometimes it is all about playing with the pedal.   ;)
I imagine modular synth gear is the same way.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber