News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Effects Connection parts site...

Started by BraindeadAudio, August 19, 2011, 11:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

I haven't gotten any word back from them at all yet.  They have till Sept. 4th to respond to Paypal before Paypal refunds my $ automatically.  I don't know what to say really.  Looking at their eBay feedback, the negatives from the past year are similar to what is going on with my order.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=effectsconnection&iid=200612519711&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365&_trkparms=negative_365

I'd order from Mammoth, Smallbear, or PPP to be safe.  I know some were having problems with Mammoth, but I have had 2 orders in the past month from them that were perfect and quickly shipped.  FYI if you are buying anything in quantities of 10 or more you should look at 4site electonis site before ordering from Mammoth, you can get pretty good deals in quantity.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Fastocker

Has anyone heard anything regarding Effects Connection?  I emailed John about my outstanding order but never got a reply so I finally opened up a PayPal dispute to get my money back.
Owner of Unique-Vibe, LLC
www.facebook.com/uniquevibe

timbo_93631

I am in the same boat buddy, still waiting to get my money back.  I still haven't heard anything from John, he has 3 more days to respond before Paypal takes the next step.  It really stinks.  Make sure you escalate your dispute to a claim ASAP if you haven't already because it can take up to 30 days for them to get it figured out after you escalate your dispute to a claim.  This is really sad.  He had the best prices on Switchcraft jacks too!

So for all forumites, beware of EC's communication and order fulfilling issues.  Order elsewhere.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

timbo_93631

Just to update, EC never responded to Paypal about the item not shipped claim and Paypal refunded my money.  I am gonna miss that bonded 24awg wire, but I think I found it on ebay in bulk.  I will have to make do with the stuff from smallbear for now, which is almost as nice but the strands aren't as solidly bonded.  The moral of the story is to be cautious when ordering through EC website, consider ordering from them through ebay if you have to get something from them as you will then have 2 forms of buyer protection if something goes wrong.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

klang

What a shame about Effects Connection. I recently ordered from them and got the stuff after a 10 day delay due to them being out of stock on a part. I had a problem with some of the parts and emailed them 3 times about exchanging and never got any reply at all. Looks like they are done. It's odd that they could fill the order but then not follow up in any way. Oh well. Plenty of other places to buy stuff these days. Also placed my first orders with Mammoth and Tayda and am very happy with both. Effects Connection is disconnected.
J