News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Store Open - VFE available

Started by madbean, December 27, 2019, 09:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The Store has re-opened. I will be getting a huge shipment of MCU on Monday so all VFE is back in stock. There are still a few Flunkee giveaway boards available so they are still shipping. However, the "one per customer" still applies (in case you already got one).

--------------------------------

I hope everyone had a pleasant Christmas (or your holiday of choice :) ). My whole family was together for Christmas for the first time in almost 10 years. We had a great time and my liver hurts, haha.

This weekend I will be starting on the next batch of releases which will be coming out in probably 2-3 weeks.

Cybercow

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time.
Cybercow - aka: Mark Davis

"Don't let your talent take you where your character can't keep you."

gordo

I'll put in a build report, but it's worth noting that the Flunkee might be the first envelope filter I've built (and I've built a ton of them) that might actually make my pedal board.  It's not at all fussy about knob settings and has a lot of range.  I wasn't expecting it to be this good for some reason.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on December 27, 2019, 10:34:03 PM
I'll put in a build report, but it's worth noting that the Flunkee might be the first envelope filter I've built (and I've built a ton of them) that might actually make my pedal board.  It's not at all fussy about knob settings and has a lot of range.  I wasn't expecting it to be this good for some reason.
There is a mod you can do to make the envelope filter close in stead of open. I performed it on another board someone else, scruffy maybe, made a board.

Edit: nope, it's the dod 440 that has a reverse sweep mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

benny_profane

Quote from: jimilee on December 28, 2019, 12:16:03 AM
There is a mod you can do to make the envelope filter close in stead of open. I performed it on another board someone else, scruffy maybe, made a board.

Very interested in this mod. I've looked into it with some optical envelope filters and that seems to be a big overhaul. Implementation with an OTA envelope filter seems more doable.

benny_profane

The reissue DOD 440 isn't optical like the original...it's an OTA design so more similar to the FX-25. So, the reverse sweep mod should apply to the flunkee.

jimilee

Quote from: benny_profane on December 28, 2019, 01:09:03 AM

The reissue DOD 440 isn't optical like the original...it's an OTA design so more similar to the FX-25. So, the reverse sweep mod should apply to the flunkee.
You can google the mod, I saw it earlier. I may try it.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

You could try using an inverting opamp on the output from D2 (before R10 and R17). Don't know how you'd do that, though.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

madbean

Update: MCU have arrived so VFE orders will start shipping out today or tomorrow.

gordo

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.  Enjoy the Tri though, it's a fun one.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?