News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

more bite from my Runt build (SOLVED)

Started by powerplayj, February 04, 2020, 07:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powerplayj

My cut pot nearly entirely CCW, is almost perfect.  When turning CW, It gets muddy way too soon compared to a stock Rat.  I have checked cap values which seem ok, no solder bridges could be found and I typically double check my resistor values before I populate the board.  is there a critical component which the lack of tight tolerance could critically affect the lack of treble getting through?  I'm using metal film resistors.

jimilee

Did you use a log taper or linear taper pot? Linear tend to get there quicker in any build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

powerplayj

All my pots are 100kA, I believe...just like OEM Rat.  My problem is that I would like a bit more treble than what I get at full CCW on the pot. 

madbean

At full CCW the tone circuit basically does next to nothing as far as rolling off high end. You could try a 47pF in place of C4. That would give you a bit of high end back.

powerplayj

Changed out C4 for another ceramic 100pf cap.  ....Huge difference!!!..... much better response above and below the desired cutoff frequency.   I  will assume I got a bad original cap or one that had an extremely high (+) tolerance.