News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My first day playing electric guitar.

Started by madbean, February 05, 2020, 06:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I think I didn't know a single chord. I already had my "rock grimace" down.

Marshall Arts

I recorded "geht back" (2 Chords) with my Cassette Recorder. Had top Press Pause inbetween Chords Changes.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6.2 mit Tapatalk

rockola

Quote from: madbean on February 05, 2020, 06:39:59 PM
And rockstar hair!

matmosphere

Muadzin

I was good at that too. I played with my father's old guitar for years before ever learning to play the guitar. Which was kinda hard too because that thing had no strings if memory served me right.

Quote from: rockola on February 05, 2020, 09:41:05 PM
And rockstar hair!

I think you're confusing rockstar hair with 80's hair.  :P

jimilee

And rockstar hair!
He had a lot back then....[emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

I honestly can't remember the first song I learned. I started out learning bluegrass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Muadzin

In hindsight I should have taken better care of my father's old electric guitar. I think it was a 60's or 70's Hofner. I can't for the life of me remember what happened to it. I know that we tried to have it repaired but I just never bonded with it as a real guitar player. I was all about new stuff, new guitars. It being the 80's after all. Nobody gave a crap about old vintage things back then. If I still had it would probably still be a crap guitar in my eyes, but at least it would be a vintage crap guitar, and worth something. And it would also serve as a memorial to my late father.

Govmnt_Lacky

So much to say about that pic....

I'm digging the retro upholstery on that chair!
Check out the ashtray stand next to the chair! How often do you see those anymore?

It looks like you have the pose down to a science too Brian!  8)

madbean

And rockstar hair!

That was its natural state back then, believe it or not. Thick and curly. Maybe I am part Roman.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

p_wats

Pretty sure that same chair floated through my memories at one point. Looks very familiar.

EBK

My first day playing an electric guitar was with a borrowed Ibanez Roadstar II.  I think there may have been a tubescreamer involved, but I don't remember anything about the amp (something cheap and solid state for sure).  My hair was less awesome than Brian's.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

m-Kresol

awesome pic. would like to see more (of other people too), but have none of me to share unfortunately.
I remember that I have tried my brothers bass, so the first thing I played was smoke on the water and then transitioned to violating the intro of "kryptonite" by 3 doors down  ;D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

pickdropper

That's a great pic!

I do have one question: it looks like your feet are starting to disappear.  Was there a Back to the Future situation going on here?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper