Started by madbean, February 05, 2020, 06:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impycat1

Classic
One of my early days.
Lets see some more pics from others.

dawson

This is so cool- thanks for sharing

I looked real close and mimicked that chord you're fretting..sounds pretty Jazzy!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

gordo

By the late 80's my hair had started to wave.

Wave goodbye...

I wish I still had my first amp.  Traynor Guitarmate reverb.  It got sold to buy a Yamaha G100 412 combo.  My back hurts thinking about it.  That gave way to a Hiwatt 100 custom (factory cascading gains) that I'd KILL to have back.  Even the cabinet was cool...a Traynor Cerwin-Vega 212 ported.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on February 06, 2020, 05:59:06 AM
So much to say about that pic....

I'm digging the retro upholstery on that chair!
Check out the ashtray stand next to the chair! How often do you see those anymore?

It looks like you have the pose down to a science too Brian!  8)

This was as at my grandparents house in West Virginia. So, the decor can easily be explained :) Weirdest thing is by that point I don't either of them smoked anymore! But, I sure do wish I had that cool ass ashtray.

Muadzin

Quote from: gordo on February 06, 2020, 06:19:18 PM
By the late 80's my hair had started to wave.

Wave goodbye...

I wish I still had my first amp.  Traynor Guitarmate reverb.  It got sold to buy a Yamaha G100 412 combo.  My back hurts thinking about it.  That gave way to a Hiwatt 100 custom (factory cascading gains) that I'd KILL to have back.  Even the cabinet was cool...a Traynor Cerwin-Vega 212 ported.

I still have my first amp. A Fender silverface Twin Reverb with orange JBL speakers. It sounds awesome and I plan to be buried in it, even though I haven't used it in like 10 years. It's funny how the sheer randomness of what your first gear will be can shape your musical tastes for the rest of your life. I had a clean amp, so I had to use pedals for dirt. So I used pedals for dirt for most of my musical life. It's only recently thanks to my Axe-FX that I've begun to explore hi-gain amps.