News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

GREEN BEAN 2019 Tube Screamer

Started by dawson, February 06, 2020, 01:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawson

The Tube Screamer-  It's an overdrive sound that's about as unique as a corn flake- everyone's got or had some version of it, and there are as many of them on the planet as there are ants.  This being said, you may ask why someone who already owns two Tube Screamers would build a third?  A simple answer would be that the Tube Screamer circuit is one of the most-usable lead overdrive sounds of all time in the universe, and Mad Bean just made it sound a little bit better!

Here's my GREEN BEAN build:

The extra clipping options here all sound really great without being redundant- it's going to be another month or two before I pick one as my GO-TO.

I had some extra W20K-taper pots that I used for "TONE" and "LOW" controls.  They're wired off-board because of their pin-out, and also to fit the layout I wanted with the big/small knobs.  Without the other taper to compare them to, they seem to sweep nicely.

All easily fit into a 125B aluminum enclosure.
My "Octagon Pattern" inspired by the number 808 etched with ferric chloride.

Thanks for looking!
Post Script: Yes, if you are thinking that you probably should build one too, you are correct.
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

jimilee

Looking good. I've built so many, it's not even funny. I had 2 at once for a while, I forgot that I built one. I sold a couple that were liked when I was showing them on social media. You can never have too many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials