News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Smoothie with vibe mod

Started by Axe_34, November 01, 2012, 06:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axe_34

Hi all. Third Madbean build, this time a Smoothie with a vibe mod.

Nice and lush and the vibe mod makes it even lusher/throbbier.

Enclosure's Vintage Orange Sparkle Translucent from Mammoth Electronics. They're doing some great enclosures -- between them and Pedal Parts Plus, it's getting really hard to choose.   ;D

GrindCustoms

Looks great man! That little phaser layout is awesome 8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Axe_34

Thanks!

Yeah, the compact layout is awesome. The smallest vero layout I found for the Phase 45 is 21 holes by 20 rows which is one row longer than the standard vero boards from either DIYstompboxes or Mammoth.

fish22

Nice work!
I've been wanting to do a smoothie in that exact enclosure from mammoth.
That'll be my next project after I get the pile of overdrives off my desk.

How does the vibe mod change the sound?
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

Axe_34

It deepens the phase, making it seem more three-dimensional. It's like the stock phase -- just more.

I'll try to record a clip later today.

televisiondown

Looks great! Those mammoth enclosures are pretty sharp. The vibe mod is awesome! I built one up a few weeks ago and can't stop playing with the vibe on.
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

nzCdog

Sparkles! that looks great! I need to look into getting some prepainted enclosures... its the most annoying part of the build for me ???

Axe_34

Yeah, I used to paint them but it was such a pain waiting for them to dry. Plus, unless you want to outlay the cost of a dozen or so colours, they'll get repetitive.

Mammoth and Pedal Parts Plus only charge roughly $2 to $5 for a paint job on top of the enclosure price, so it's really not that much more expensive. Plus, they have a huge selection of colours.

I just got some in -- black wrinkle, anodized blue, gold vein and black hammertone and they're all beautiful.

pickdropper

Agrees.  Plus the powder coated finishes tend to be more durable.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper