News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I can't find a 65k resistor for mini-mu...alternates?

Started by rfdvrcasey, February 08, 2020, 08:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfdvrcasey

The BOM I have for a Mini-Mu lists a single 65k resistor and I can't seem to find one anywhere.  Can I use a 68k in place?

jimilee

Yep, with the 1 to 3% tolerances resistors have, you won't have any issues.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

287m

rfdvrcasey

Today I learned about a few handy programs that will certainly help in the future.  Thank you to those who replied, I appreciate your help!

EBK

Oops!  I neglected to say that the program I used is electrodroid.  Thanks for catching that.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jimilee

I use ePro tools. Super handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

davent

This is the online reverse parallel calculator i use, enter the target, percentage of toleranced desired and it spits out all pairs that meet your parameters, usually have at least one pair to get where i want.

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-parallel.htm
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

somnif

I used 64.9k resistors in mine (from Mouser - https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Xicon/270-649K-RC?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtlubZbdhIBINs%252BxSzFaNn%252BUjkhFxUaSwQ%3D ), but 68k would work fine.  All that crosses that resistor is the negative power rail. A little extra ~4% resistance won't hurt things. You could also go with 62k for a little less resistance I suppose.