News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Filter and Drive Dual Pedal Idea

Started by Bio77, February 08, 2020, 12:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

I have a Flunkee (DOD FX-25 Envelope Filter) and a Runtime Error (Systech Overdrive) sitting in my queue.  Both are 1590A, which I'm not crazy about.  I was thinking of combining both circuits into one pedal.  Do you think these circuits would complement each other?  If so, what order is recommended or should I include an order selector switch?  Opinions welcome!

Willybomb

Filter then drive.  The filter will work best with an uncompressed signal.

jimilee

Filter then drive with an order swapping switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

I'd at least build the Runtime first and take a listen.  It's not at all a standard overdrive and tends to be pretty dominant in terms of an effect.  It's a bit of sonic bitch slap.

Then again it would be a filter extravaganza so it may be exactly what you're looking for.  YMMV.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

Thanks Jimi and Willy, appreciate the input.   

Quote from: gordo on February 08, 2020, 04:51:41 PM
I'd at least build the Runtime first and take a listen.  It's not at all a standard overdrive and tends to be pretty dominant in terms of an effect.  It's a bit of sonic bitch slap.

Then again it would be a filter extravaganza so it may be exactly what you're looking for.  YMMV.

Thats good advice, now that you said that.......It might not be that interesting to sweep across a frequency range if there's just one dominant frequency.  Probably sounds like a filtery volume swell.

gordo

It does sound really nice with a lite overdrive in front or behind and also sounds great with a compressor behind it.  I've been rebuilding a little Marshall DSL-401 that was a bit of a dumpster dive and got the little beast fired up after a lot of work. The Flunkee happened to be on the bench and an hour completely vanished as I fiddled around with both. Not a bad sound to be had between the two of them.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?