News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Saw an interesting post on FB marketplace

Started by Justus, February 08, 2020, 04:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justus

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/828779784263311/

This is NOT my post, but I remember this pedal being controversial. It's been a few years since I've been in the hobby though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Aentons

somnif

So that link just takes me to a generic "Musical instruments near you" facebook page.

What was the specific pedal you were linking to?

Muadzin

Quote from: somnif on February 09, 2020, 10:26:28 PM
So that link just takes me to a generic "Musical instruments near you" facebook page.

What was the specific pedal you were linking to?

Were you logged into facebook? Otherwise you it does take you to the generic page.

And the pedal in question is a seemingly official looking Klon Centaur, with Bill Finnegan's autograph on the inside. But was being sold for $100 as a clone. And since the pcb is not covered in goop it had to be one.

somnif

Ah, fascinating. What a bizarre situation.

(I deleted my Facebook account a while back so I can't log in any more I'm afraid.  :-\ )

Muadzin

Quote from: somnif on February 10, 2020, 12:55:30 AM
(I deleted my Facebook account a while back so I can't log in any more I'm afraid.  :-\ )

You're not missing much to be honest. It's a silly place. That spies on you.

Govmnt_Lacky

Looks like someone is taking it to a whole 'nother level by forging Bill's signature.

Aentons

Yes but it was kind of a fairly obvious fake to all but the chumpiest of chumps. The enclosure wasn't  even right.. The ICs had sockets... On and on

EBK

But, the seller clearly stated that he was unable to verify the authenticity of the signature, so he's in the clear, right?  ::) :P
(Pretty sure the relatively low price is partly to avoid the appearance of fraud.  Would have been much better for the seller to state that he does not believe that the signature is real.)

I'm going to start signing my pedals "Albert Einstein" and claiming that I am unable to verify the signature.   ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

lars

Facebook marketplace.
Are you sure that pedal isn't actually just a 55 year old man?
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....