News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lots of boost, some drive and a flat tyre

Started by cooder, February 09, 2020, 08:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Finally built the pedalpcb Deofol and combined it with two selectable boosters in front of it, both on my own designed pcbs oshpark fabbed. Always was curious about the Okko Diablo which this circuit is a take on.

In front there's the EQD speaker cranker circuit, modded with selectable clipping diodes, and the Lovepedal Tchula circuit. Each booost can be pre-selected with toggle, activated with right foot switch. Tchula has been changed so the toggle does the job of footswitch on pedal switching to higher gain adjustable with vol pot.

One of my guitar heroes Josh Smith uses the Tchula as his main usually always on sound. Of course his actual magic comes as usual from his fingers and playing, but hey, nice to have this also in arsenal.

​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7un7HfLngks​​​

Anyway, then there's the Deofol / Okko Diablo, sounds great too and as I had the rev 1 board mine whistled as well so I did the fix of putting the 39K resitor on lug 2 of gain and 10n to ground which works just fine IMO. I don't know how close this sounds to the original but it's a great pedal and I spent some time dialing in the trimmers for my guitar (Tele) and gear, that was a worthwhile thing to do... tweaks it just right I find. I do like the lower gain settings and there's so many shades with the feed and body control to be had. Noice. And of course hitting it with boost in front or behind, adds versatility.

The photo of graphic I took myself in Burke's Pass, Canterbury, NZ. Tweaked in photoshop, so 'Rustbucket' was the name to go with it, flat tyre included. Also a homage to a busy dashboard with all the knobbies and switches.

Laser decal with acrylic faceplate. Relay bypass switching with 1776 fx finish line.

BigNoise Amplification

nzCdog

Cool build Stephan! That's a real compelling photo too, I bet that truck has a cool storyto it.    8)

m-Kresol

Lovely build. Has some juansolo vibe going with the knobs, although your finishing technique is really unique  :)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Bio77

Very nice!  I'm digging the blacked out insides you've added recently.

BrianS

cooder

Thanks guys!
Quote from: Bio77 on February 10, 2020, 09:51:49 AM
Very nice!  I'm digging the blacked out insides you've added recently.
Thanks! Bit of a 'happy accident' or turd polishing there as I have used some pre loved enclosures that had holes drilled and filled with bondo. The spraypaint covers it up. Looks good too I think and at the same time I'm not too religous about it as I think pedals are still mainly for playing guitar through rather than drooling over the engine bay... Easy enough to do though with a quick whip of the rattle can.
Quote from: m-Kresol on February 10, 2020, 08:27:56 AM
Lovely build. Has some juansolo vibe going with the knobs, although your finishing technique is really unique  :)
Cheers Felix! high praise as those Yorkshire lads have placed the bar sky high. Miss seeing their stuff.
BigNoise Amplification