News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Water slide INK jet decal paper

Started by TNblueshawk, February 10, 2020, 12:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

Well, my trusted source, Papillo, has discontinued them for us small fries. So, I'm on the hunt. Who do yo guys use? You like? Dislike.

I know not all water slide decals are made the same. Papillo's were killer as I never had an issue with them. Some others are not so good.
John

benny_profane

That's terrible news! I was just going to order a new batch from them. Unfortunately, the others I've tried have not nearly been as good.

TNblueshawk

Yeah, on line it said they were out of stock so I called and was told that they will do a large order for a large customer but that's it.
John

jimilee

I've been buying mine on eBay for 4 or 5 years now. The sellers user name is mynestegg out of Savannah Ga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: jimilee on February 10, 2020, 01:05:19 PM
I've been buying mine on eBay for 4 or 5 years now. The sellers user name is mynestegg out of Savannah Ga.

Jimi, do you know the brand name he sells?
John

jimilee

Quote from: TNblueshawk on February 10, 2020, 01:20:14 PM
Quote from: jimilee on February 10, 2020, 01:05:19 PM

Jimi, do you know the brand name he sells?
Nope, it doesn't have one on it when it gets here. I like it because it doesn't stretch and tear apart like some of the ones I've used.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TNblueshawk

No one else? We are the only 3 who use ink jet decals?

Ok, if you use laser decals who do you like? I figure if whoever makes those are good then I might roll with their inkjet counterpart.
John

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Invertiguy

I've been using Hayes waterslide paper that I got off Amazon for my last couple builds. Admittedly it's a small sample size, but I don't have any complaints so far, it works alright.
Doomsday Devices

Caedarn

Quote from: Invertiguy on February 11, 2020, 08:30:18 PM
I've been using Hayes waterslide paper that I got off Amazon from my last couple builds. Admittedly it's a small sample size, but I don't have any complaints so far, it works alright.
I've used Hayes from Amazon also.  No complaints, but then it's the only type I've used.

TNblueshawk

Thanks guys. I'll check out Hayes and also SB to see if he has ink jet.
John

Aentons

Aleph Null

I've had good luck with the Testors stuff. Most hobby shops near me carry it too.