News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Flugelhorn and Plecostomus Fuzz

Started by jjjimi84, February 13, 2020, 09:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is my Flugelhorn Fuzz, this one was quite a fun and interesting build. As for the build it was really straight forward and sounds fantastic but when I started painting it I made a mistake and had excess paint come off the brush onto the top ruining the original painting. When I tried to clean off the paint I ended up taking of some of the powder coating as well. This pissed me off quite a bit and left a mess on the top, but did leave a rough surface. I figured this would be a great opportunity to try and use posco paint pens and draw something that would cover up the mess.

With the resurrection theme in mind I drew the zombie hand coming out of the ground and then needed something sizeable on the left side to cover up more blemish so I added a gravestone. Any guess whose name is written on the head stone?

It sounds fantastic and turned out great, my son loved it so much that he recommended I do something similar to the Plecostomus fuzz. Hence the zombie hand with the flower in his hand. It is another really versatile fuzz that does so much really well, really enjoy playing this one.

cooder

Excellent builds and painted enclosures! Makes me even more curious about the circuits... I have a Flugelhorn i the pipeline but haven't pulled the trigger on Plecostomus, yet... so many crcuits to do these days. Lucky us.
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Quote from: cooder on February 13, 2020, 12:44:26 PM
Excellent builds and painted enclosures! Makes me even more curious about the circuits... I have a Flugelhorn i the pipeline but haven't pulled the trigger on Plecostomus, yet... so many crcuits to do these days. Lucky us.

The flugelhorn is based on a noel cornet which is based on a big muff. I found it to be more open and less scooped mid, I will try and make a little demo to show what it can do.

midwayfair

jjjimi84

Here is a video for both of these if anyone is interested, I am ordering my new camera this week so hopefully these videos will start looking and sounding a bit better.

https://youtu.be/0g6SAVfcvkA

https://youtu.be/U0ELVtj_ZsA

Bret608

These videos already look and sound great! Very fun vibe. Nice to get to hear some of these in action.

gordo

Always blown away with your artwork, very creative stuff.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

Quote from: Bret608 on October 22, 2020, 07:03:54 AM
These videos already look and sound great! Very fun vibe. Nice to get to hear some of these in action.

Thank you very much, the talking head part has been a struggle to get the audio right. I have been through all kinds of set ups and have landed on just using a condenser mic out of frame. Today i am gutting the studio to sell off stuff to make room for all of the lights and camera to be mounted to reduce set up and tear down time.

Quote from: gordo on October 22, 2020, 07:32:03 AM
Always blown away with your artwork, very creative stuff.

Thanks gordo! I really appreciate it! I loved the pic Eric sent me of a champ amp of yours. I think he ended up getting it.

cooder

Great stuff, thanks again for the videos (and the team work with your son... ;) )!
I do have the Flugelhorn now finished as well and dig it too, haven't done the Pleco yet.
BigNoise Amplification