News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lets Talk About Guitar Pedal Artwork

Started by jjjimi84, June 16, 2022, 02:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

This weeks late video is all about my long decent into madness, also know as painting guitar pedals. I really wanted to showcase my progression as a pedal builder and talk about some of the methods I use to achieve my results.

[youtube width=540]https://youtu.be/yqsQvQAoVvw[/youtube]

I have builds from the earliest BYOC kit days to single sided boards from Haberdasher and Madbean builds to PedalPCB to VFE and Effectslayouts. I really had fun digging out some of the classic builds and getting to know them again. The Moodring sounds as glorious today as it did so many moons ago when it was built.

So grab your favorite beverage and/or smoking utensil and waste 20 minutes with me.

Aleph Null

It's cool to see you finding your style and finding more confidence in your technique!

G.G.

really enjoyed the vid! nice to see how other folks get the inspiration for customizing their gear! Drawing/painting your own pedal art takes a whole lot of time, but very worth it. Did I miss you talking about what brush you use for the lettering?

jjjimi84

Quote from: Aleph Null on June 16, 2022, 07:37:54 PM
It's cool to see you finding your style and finding more confidence in your technique!

Thank you! Just trying my best to make stuff I like, just taking a long time to get there. Its all about the journey though, right?

Quote from: G.G. on June 17, 2022, 01:57:52 AM
really enjoyed the vid! nice to see how other folks get the inspiration for customizing their gear! Drawing/painting your own pedal art takes a whole lot of time, but very worth it. Did I miss you talking about what brush you use for the lettering?

I have talked about it before in another video but I use an 18/0 brush for 95% of the work I do. I will use a bigger fill brish when I am laying down a lot of paint.

zombie_rock123

I don't know what I'm more envious of, the Titania/Yodeler artworks or how natural you seem on camera. Laughed at your comments on the rocket a lot. Keep the videos coming!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

jjjimi84

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on June 17, 2022, 10:57:49 PM
I don't know what I'm more envious of, the Titania/Yodeler artworks or how natural you seem on camera. Laughed at your comments on the rocket a lot. Keep the videos coming!

Wow! Thank you for the kind comments, that yodeler is the high watermark for me. More and more videos are coming, no sense stopping now....