News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Andromeda Drive and MBP Fant Pants Jr

Started by jjjimi84, February 13, 2020, 10:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is an Aion Andromeda drive, clone of the Nobels ODR-1. Such a great overdrive in a tight 1590b, the smallest enclosure I like to use. I painted what my son has called a demon dog. The MBP Fant Pants jr is my go to boost, I love this circuit and sound so much. I am planning on buying a few more for multi pedals. The build was a kinda pain because I initially did not have any small capacitors so there was a lot of bent leads and bullshit that didn't end up working when i put the lid on. This is an old painting of a slug monster from one of Deans games, best fiends.

Thewintersoldier

Your artwork is the best I would love to have you do an enclosure for me one day
Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 13, 2020, 10:41:43 AM
Your artwork is the best I would love to have you do an enclosure for me one day

Just wait, I have a ton painted and will be posting as much as I can! I have told myself to paint 2-3 a week and that way I can get current by March 2021.

When you pick out what you want me to paint let me know, I would love to do it!

Thewintersoldier

Oh hell yeah, I already know what it is lol. I have a fuzz factory that would be perfect to do the hand painted thing for, like a custom zvex. And I want my favorite Roger Smith persona...Ricky Spanish
Who the hell is Bucky?

alanp

The OD1 reminds me of that game, Okami, the protagonist in that game, IIRC, was a giant white dog with red eyeliner. I need to get that from steam sometime.

Really nice paintwork, and also nice job inside too :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jjjimi84

Quote from: alanp on February 13, 2020, 08:50:28 PM
The OD1 reminds me of that game, Okami, the protagonist in that game, IIRC, was a giant white dog with red eyeliner. I need to get that from steam sometime.

Really nice paintwork, and also nice job inside too :)

You found me out! The actual photo i used was from a comic book called the art of akaneiro, which has a very strong japanese leaning with computer done artwork. Which is all very reminiscent of okami with its beautiful painted graphics, one of the reasons i keep the ps2 up and running.

jessenator

Sorry to necro, but I had a question about C21...

I'm looking at the documentation for the "legacy" version you did (1590B), and the schematic and the BOM don't quite align in the PDF. C21 shows as a 3u3 electro cap in the BOM, but the schematic shows a 1u film(?) cap. I see in your build thread you used an electro. I've seen other gut shots that have the big ol' 1u film caps, though, and wondered if you had considered that swap or if it actually matters in this particular instance!

I checked the newer, 125B-sized Andromeda build guide, and it's a 1u film cap on the board and in the BOM... I mean, the legacy board screen-print footprint looks like a 1u film cap size, so is it meant to take either?

so yeah, value and size/type check :)

Thanks!

jjjimi84

It looks like i built it to what the original BOM stated using the 3u3 electrolytic cap. I am not sure it matters, it would probably be best to have a film cap in the audio path instead if an electro. When i get some free time i will dig it out and do a seap and see if there is much of a difference.

jessenator

nzCdog

Lovin your artwork man... Thanks for the pics :)

cooder

How did I miss this, too cool for skool again! Move over Zvex custom pedals...
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Quote from: nzCdog on June 11, 2022, 02:00:04 PM
Lovin your artwork man... Thanks for the pics :)

Thank you! On Wednesday I am putting out avideo talking about pedal art.