News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Echo Chamber (Dirtbabay and Rub-A-Dub content)

Started by cooder, February 12, 2020, 10:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

What took me so long to stick these in a box...!?!

I had the Dirtbaby lying around for quite some time, and finally it's in the box. Very very nice circuit, really impressed how it pulls of the BBD feel and sounds, great fun! Great job there Brian!
I'm glad I have a second pcb floating around for another project. Has just jumped up the queue a few notches...

I think Brian was thinking of discontinuing this, if you don't have one already I'd highly recommend it now. Finally.
And to add to the cavernous feel I added the good ol' Rub-A-Dub on a homebrew designed oshparked board. Love that reverb sound that this does.

Switching as usual courtesy of 1776 fx finish line relay boards (am I getting a frequent and endorser user discount by now, Josh...?). Just trying to twist the arm there... ;)
Laser decal with acrylic faceplate, my usual roll call these days.

BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

Love everything about it. The blacked out insides are so cool. And the all red wire is a sick twist. I reminds me of those 80s movies where they have to cut the wire on the bomb and all the wire is the same color so they just pick one at the last second 😂 great job
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Interesting looking reverb board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Beautiful work, the dirtbaby is such a great sounding delay! I love that little reverb board, looks great.

cooder

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 13, 2020, 03:50:55 AM
Love everything about it. The blacked out insides are so cool. And the all red wire is a sick twist. I reminds me of those 80s movies where they have to cut the wire on the bomb and all the wire is the same color so they just pick one at the last second 😂 great job
Haha cheers... yes I will have a lot more red wire to use as I bought last June when I visited the US a 1000ft spool of smallbear 24 awg in red... amongst other bits and bobs because it was a good opportunity to carry it home in suitcase rather than paying the hefty shipping to NZ. Of course my suitcase got heavily security scanned and opened at pretty much every airport... LOL... but it was worth it... ;D
Quote from: jimilee on February 13, 2020, 05:03:26 AM
Interesting looking reverb board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers Jimi, here's the reverb board, it's just based on the Rub-A-Dub circuit and I made my own pcb with smallest possible formfactor, brick underneath.

Quote from: jjjimi84 on February 13, 2020, 05:59:53 AM
Beautiful work, the dirtbaby is such a great sounding delay! I love that little reverb board, looks great.
Cheers, yes it's a great sounding circuit. What took me so long...? Ha.
BigNoise Amplification

diablochris6

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

nzCdog

alanp

Note to self, stop being lazy and box up my dirtbaby... they really do sound awesome.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website