News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Glorious Dragons

Started by jjjimi84, February 13, 2020, 01:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

I rave to everyone about this pedal! I have sent two out to friends as gifts, I will talk until I am blue in the face about it. I have made six, bought one and if I can swing it I will order another custom one while the shop is open. It is exactly what I want in a drive pedal, it has a shitload of volume on tap with a great eq section and works with every amp I plug it into.

This is my first, it is completely stock.

Here is another stock unit

Here is the other stock unit that went to another friend

Here are the three I kept that I have swapped out ICs and going to putz around with.

EBK

I want to hear more about those graphics.  Is that paint?  Very sharp and vivid!
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jjjimi84

Quote from: EBK on February 13, 2020, 01:28:06 PM
I want to hear more about those graphics.  Is that paint?  Very sharp and vivid!

Everything I do is hand painted with Testors acrylic paint, those little bottles at hobby stores. Once everything is dry and I have six to eight pedals done, I take them apart and tape off the holes from underneath and do a clear coat epoxy pour for durability.

jimilee

Daaamnn those are top notch. You're every talented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Top notch collection of Dragons there!
Just reminds me to get onto my still empty Dragon board and get on with it...
BigNoise Amplification

mjg

Very nice.  I love on that last one, how you've gone to the trouble to paint the eye lid of the dragon on top of the indicator LED.

diablochris6

Superb job. I like how each pedal has its own personality, even with the same circuit underneath. My 4 year-old really digs the first dragon.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Bio77

Those are super cool!  Also, you've given me a bad case of the FOMO.  Now, I have to build a Dragon.

gordo

Hot damn, the jarring blast between the enclosure color and the grafix is crazy.  Superb craftsmanship here and if you decide to branch out to offering this as a service put me down as your first customer.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

nzCdog

jjjimi84

Quote from: gordo on February 13, 2020, 06:28:54 PM
Hot damn, the jarring blast between the enclosure color and the grafix is crazy.  Superb craftsmanship here and if you decide to branch out to offering this as a service put me down as your first customer.

I would paint a pedal for anybody on this forum, just shoot me a PM and we can talk about it more.

m-Kresol

great collection. I really like how they all fit together.
you sure are busy, if you have 6-8 pedals on a regular basis
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials