News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

He's not quite dead yet...

Started by madbean, February 15, 2020, 02:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

This has been a week of hell but I am through the worst of my flu. Thanks to everyone who gave the well-wishes. I might have wished for an early grave at a few points but that was probably the delirium. I lost 8 lbs in the span of a week, plus I'm pretty sure I had a conversation with either Frank Zappa or Jesus at one point. Still a bit loopy but neurons are firing.

I'm catching up on outstanding orders this evening. Over the next day or so I will start to catch up on the forum posts and PMs I need to attend to. Not sure about the store projects yet but I'll get the train back on the tracks ASAP.

alanp

We can't go through your pockets for loose change, then? Good to hear!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Lubdar

Glad you are feeling better! Flu is one heck of a thing...
(--c^.^)--c

EBK

A few years ago, I had a case of flu that made me realize how people die from it (yes, I was vaccinated). It can be scary stuff, indeed! So glad you pulled through!
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

zgrav

glad you are on the mend.  sounds like quite an ordeal.

Scruffie

Quote from: alanp on February 15, 2020, 03:01:44 PM
We can't go through your pockets for loose change, then? Good to hear!
And I sharpened my pokin' stick for nuthin'!
Works at Lectric-FX

jimilee

Glad to hear it, I was just thinking about you and how you we're doing on my way home just now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mattc

You say that like Frank and Jesus are different people.

nzCdog

sounds like nasty flu...  :(
welcome back :)

madbean

Quote from: nzCdog on February 15, 2020, 06:57:50 PM

Yeah, definitely nasty. My breathing was real shallow so every time I started to fall asleep I would jolt awake because my brain thought I was suffocating or something. I didn't sleep more than a hour per night for nearly 4 days. It was seriously miserable. Luckily my doc gave me an inhaler which helped a lot. Flu is no joke. From here on out I'm getting the shot every season!

cooder

Good to hear you're getting better! All the best, hope you can shake it off completely soon...!
BigNoise Amplification

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on February 15, 2020, 07:22:25 PM
Quote from: nzCdog on February 15, 2020, 06:57:50 PM

Yeah, definitely nasty. My breathing was real shallow so every time I started to fall asleep I would jolt awake because my brain thought I was suffocating or something. I didn't sleep more than a hour per night for nearly 4 days. It was seriously miserable. Luckily my doc gave me an inhaler which helped a lot. Flu is no joke. From here on out I'm getting the shot every season!

Lack of sleep makes it awful.  I'm glad you're on you way to feeling better.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

m-Kresol

glad to hear you're back up on your feet. Take it easy though. no need to rush things.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials