News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I feel bad....

Started by Willybomb, February 18, 2020, 03:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

I feel bad because my 3 channel Boneyard (Magnum Opus) is getting more love than my HT-Dual at the moment.  Besides having an extra channel, it's got less noise at high gain and seems to fit in the mix better, at least playing along in the bedroom - the HT seems to have way too much bottom end.  Both are on the pedalboard currently

I've just had the HT fixed too recently, but I suspect it might be on the way out again as the volume seems to be varing, although this could just be a relative mix thing.  This is a shame because it cost so much originally and sounded so good to my ears back in 2010...  Even worse is that I purchased a CIOKS AC10 specifically to use with it, which was about AUD$350.

It gets better.  I'm not enjoying tap dancing in the coverband with my current rig, so I'm looking at replacing nearly everything with a multi.  A secondhand Zoom G3x (with my drives in front), the Hotone Ampero or the Gem Box 3 are top contenders for compact units with XLR outputs.  Or.... a Boss MS3 so I can use my drives in a loop but... no XLR or cabsim in that box.  All these things have way too many options too.  I dunno.  The plan was to find a decent effect box to use separate to my drives, but if the HT isn't cutting it... then the onboard drives will likely be good enough.  Given there's so many in those units, one or two should work.

I have a million veros and PCBs lying around that need boxong, but I'm toying with the idea of building JMK's epic looper and having the effects BUILT IN!

Keep in mind when reading this that I'm still a crappy guitar player..

jkokura

Quote from: Willybomb on February 18, 2020, 03:34:34 AM
I have a million veros and PCBs lying around that need boxong, but I'm toying with the idea of building JMK's epic looper and having the effects BUILT IN!

This is one of the ways I had thought to build a unit as well, but I could never locate an enclosure I liked well enough to do so. I figure that this would allow someone to build their own version of a POD HD, or the classic Boss multi effects, where you can go into program mode alongside the more simple bypass method.

If you find a good enclosure for it, let me know, because I'd be interested in checking one out too.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals