News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

mudbunny mod

Started by 9Lives, November 17, 2011, 06:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9Lives

I have built the mudbunny with green russian specs + mosfet. Would it work to put all 3 jumpered resisters from the creamy dreamer spec on a 3pdt switch? Would that work the same as a creamy dreamer mod? I would wire it as 3 spdt in one correct? Thanks

jkokura

Can you give us links to the mod you're talking about? Maybe a drawing or diagram explaining what you're wanting to do?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

yanko_mr

9Lives

well, I'm in my big rig on a crappy cell phone, not so good at posting images but what I an tell you is that looking at the pdf file of the mudbunny there is a creamy dreamer version of the pedal as well as green russian. I built the green with a couple modifications. This is my first build that didn't come from a kit. It's gone pretty well but I would like to toggle from a creamy dreamer/ super gain mode with a switch. I think the CD version requires r5 r11 and r16 (i think) to be jumperd. Is it possible to just run those through a 3pdt or would that throw the whole build off. Other sites say that it's a pretty universal mod. I also put a dpdt where the mids pot goes switching from jumpered to 100 ohm.  Not the best mod. Would a different value work better for that (like a mid scoop switch)? All this is just my little toy. I've been experimenting with it. So ya? Would those work? And any suggestion for the value for the mid scoop(in place of pot)?

reddo

Yes the Creamy Dreamer switch will work. Wire it like 3 spdt switching between resisters and jumpers. You can try C10 on a switch to do a scooped-flat-boosted mids thing. I'll check my notes for some values.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Yes that would work..but jumpering those 3 resistors is only half of the CD modifications. It will add a substantial amount of gain to the pedal, enough that you would be able to easily notice it. The other part is increasing the limiting resistors before the clipping stages, from 8.2k to 15-22K.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

9Lives

hell ya! I just put a 100k pot for the mods.. It's all I had at home. But it works decent for now. Ok.. Back to the gain boost. I only have a dpdt right now. This thing already has alot of gain but for a significant CLEAR boost which 2 resistors do you think would be best to put on the switch?

9Lives

ok. Let me update before anyone answers. I clipped r5 and are 11 and wired to the switch. The out come was not bad but I expected a lil more. It does make it slightly "creamier" but not to noticeable. I guess I could do the rest of the mod on another switch?