News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rigol O-scope?

Started by Bio77, February 19, 2020, 03:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Anybody have an opinion about Rigol DS1102E O-scope?  I've had an old Techtronix 2235 for awhile now but last weekend it decided to catch on fire!  No joke, lots of smoke  :o

I'm looking on Offer-up and CL for something similar.  There's a few oldies on the cheap side, but I'm wondering if a newer digital would be better.   There's one used I'm looking at for slightly more than a used analog.

alanp

I've got a Rigol DS1052E, and it's done me pretty well.

One nice thing about digital o'scopes, you can save snapshots of the display to a USB drive :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

gtr2

They are good scopes for the most part.  I've had a DS1052E for 4-5 years now and it has served me well.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Bio77

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.

peAk

I have a rigol ds1054z and it's been awesome.

One day I will actually know how use it  :-\

Bio77

Quote from: peAk on February 21, 2020, 09:06:47 PM
I have a rigol ds1054z and it's been awesome.

One day I will actually know how use it  :-\

Thanks Justin! Just bought one, seems awesome.  To be continued....

imjonwain

I got myself a DS1054z for Christmas to use alongside ( and replace for the most part) my Tek TAS485.  I love it so far, especially for the price!  I'd recommend it to anyone.

Keep an eye on tequipment.net.  They have great "open box" deals and sales often.  I bought my scope "open box" during a sale and it showed up still sealed with Rigol tape in the packaging, $263 total.
"I'm not sure what "serious design flaws" you see. Does it explode or poison your dog?" - PRR