News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nutcase.

Started by cooder, February 23, 2020, 12:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Nutcase. Bonkers. Chainsaw massacre it is.
But we all know that.
Here is the Zvex Fuzz Factory in Aion version with three extra controls (soft/tone/body) for more extra confusion and interactive nuances.
Amazing to have 8 pots to fiddle with in a circuit that has only 7 fixed resistors...

Hours of chaos and fun.

AC 125 and OC44 GE transistors, 1776fx relay bypass, laser decal, acrylic faceplate. There ya go.

BigNoise Amplification

Philthy

somnif

Probably my most often used fuzz, with (blasphemy, I know) a pair of dirt cheap 2N3906's running in it. With the germanium set I have in it, it tends to be a bit flabby and "velcro"-ish at most settings, but the silicon bugs tighten it up and give it a lovely growl that plays well with my set up.

You may collect your pitchforks and torches from the booth to your left, I'll just be fleeing with alacrity now.  ;D

nzCdog

Bio77

Off board wiring 8 pots shouldn't look this clean! Impressive.

cooder

Quote from: somnif on February 23, 2020, 05:50:13 PM
Probably my most often used fuzz, with (blasphemy, I know) a pair of dirt cheap 2N3906's running in it. With the germanium set I have in it, it tends to be a bit flabby and "velcro"-ish at most settings, but the silicon bugs tighten it up and give it a lovely growl that plays well with my set up.

You may collect your pitchforks and torches from the booth to your left, I'll just be fleeing with alacrity now.  ;D
Cheers! I might have to try the 3906's then ... no blasphemy or pitchforkery needed. Anything goes especially in DIY.
BigNoise Amplification