News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Official Coronavirus Discussion

Started by peAk, February 27, 2020, 07:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

I work in oil and gas, we are fuuuuucked.

Gloomy days ahead

EBK

I'm having a moment of intense fear and panic.  Trump is signalling that he is ready to ignore the advice of every health professional in order to "save" the economy by Reopening 'Merica.  We are about to accelerate ourselves toward loss of human lives on an unprecedented scale.  That's my mindframe, at least.  Other people are free to think differently and feel less scared, of course. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

I don't think he has got the power to do it. It's all governors and mayors doing all this stuff.

juansolo

Well as of last night the UK is on lockdown. I'm genuinely surprised they've done it given governments rarely operate on logic and sense* As it is, we're to stay home for 3 weeks. Only essential journeys and they're limited. Those at risk, are locked down for 12 weeks.

To be honest, for me personally, it won't make a lot of difference. I'm considering washing my car, which I haven't done in probably 6 months or so...

*should have done it earlier of course... But I'm still actually impressed they've done it at all!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jimilee

Hey hey hey, just breath man. I take lots of medicine for my anxiety, I don't like it, but I tried to come off it once before and it wasn't pretty.
Looks at it like this. With less people leaving the house, they need to come up with another source of income. They will turn to what they know how to do, and sell it online. For this, they will need a website.  Her business should be booming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

juansolo

I did say I was considering it, not actually washing the car... Baby steps.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

somnif

Decided to try grocery shopping early today, and it was a fascinating experience. Drove past Costco, and there was a line nearly about a half mile long once one considered the twists and curves. No one was staying 6ft apart either, just a mass conga-line of people.

Pulled into the Target parking lot, and another line around the store of folks waiting to get in.

But, drove to the grocery store that shares a parking lot with Target and... it was fine. While the shelves were a bit bare, I was able to get everything on my list. They had eggs, they had toilet paper, they had milk and butter, it was fine. Lines were a little longer than I'm used to, but that was partially due to folks keeping distance between them.

Why are people so weird......

EBK

Received a no-contact pizza delivery yesterday.  Pizza guy arranges the boxes on your porch, knocks, then stands back from the porch.

I'm running through my beer supply way too fast.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

benny_profane

SBE webstore currently offline. Message from Steve Daniels:

QuoteI regret: Because of the shutdown imposed in New York, I am closing the on-line store temporarily. We Will ship all of the orders we have in-house over the next five to seven business days, and I will re-open on-line as soon as possible. Commercial customers having urgent needs, please contact us by e-mail and we will do our best to accommodate. We hope that you all stay healthy and safe. Steve Daniels

TheDude

Quote from: somnif on March 24, 2020, 09:37:47 AM
Decided to try grocery shopping early today, and it was a fascinating experience. Drove past Costco, and there was a line nearly about a half mile long once one considered the twists and curves. No one was staying 6ft apart either, just a mass conga-line of people.

Pulled into the Target parking lot, and another line around the store of folks waiting to get in.

But, drove to the grocery store that shares a parking lot with Target and... it was fine. While the shelves were a bit bare, I was able to get everything on my list. They had eggs, they had toilet paper, they had milk and butter, it was fine. Lines were a little longer than I'm used to, but that was partially due to folks keeping distance between them.

Why are people so weird......
That happened in my hometown. My mother told me of the four grocery stores in town, two were nearly barren, one had an alright amount of stock, and the fourth was fully stocked. Just... why?

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

The dude abides

Govmnt_Lacky

Went for my usual bi-weekly grocery trip. Not a single loaf of sliced bread to be found! No bread, no hamburger buns, hot dog buns, rolls, or english muffins for that matter.

Put about 2 seconds of thought into it......

Went to the bakery. Loads upon loads of fresh bread there for the taking. Only needed to be sliced.

People are not only crazy... they are lazy as well. SMH..

davent

In Ontario today a new list of essential businesses allowed to remain open, the usual player like grocers, hardware stores, pharmacies... liquor stores, beer stores, weed stores...

https://torontosun.com/news/provincial/the-ontario-governments-list-of-essential-businesses

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: davent on March 24, 2020, 10:22:35 AM
In Ontario today a new list of essential businesses allowed to remain open, the usual player like grocers, hardware stores, pharmacies... liquor stores, beer stores, weed stores...

Its running the same here in the US. I'm quite amazed that the liquor and weed shops are considered "essential." Then, I remember how much in TAXES are collected from these and it all becomes clear  ::)

davent

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 24, 2020, 12:00:02 PM
Quote from: davent on March 24, 2020, 10:22:35 AM

Its running the same here in the US. I'm quite amazed that the liquor and weed shops are considered "essential." Then, I remember how much in TAXES are collected from these and it all becomes clear  ::)

Yup, my thoughts exactly.
dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

MTK

Grocery stores are starting to get things back on the shelves. Unless I just picked a good time to stop by. They had paper products, cleaning products, meats, canned goods, etc... in short supply. Better than nothing like last week.