Main Menu

The Official Coronavirus Discussion

Started by peAk, February 27, 2020, 07:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

Quote from: Scruffie on May 07, 2020, 08:26:07 AM
That one bothered me too  ;D

I settled on Sid Haig.

There is a slight chance you may be right.  I would know him best as Donar from Wizards of the Lost Kingdom II (I've watched the corresponding MST3K episode many times), in which he does rather resemble the protester:

I'm not 100% sure if he's my answer though....
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Scruffie

If Sid Haig is close, perhaps it's the man I often confuse him for, Erick Avari.

Works at Lectric-FX

lars

Quote from: SirEgno on May 07, 2020, 09:00:49 AM
Quote from: madbean on May 07, 2020, 08:26:15 AM
Quote from: Bio77 on May 06, 2020, 11:11:35 AM
Some of you might be too young to remember, but they used to have these places called "barber shops" that would help you with grooming.  I'm hoping they will get trendy with hipsters and come back some day.  ::)
Last time I got a haircut was probably over 20 years ago. So there!
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

alanp

Speaking of hair, how many people are seeing kids running around with pudding-bowl or electric clipper haircuts?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

davent

Extremely rare to see any kids running around at all, lots in the neighbourhood, i regularly walk around town, they're not out.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

davent

I went outside after dinner to sit and read with my coffee, there were people cutting lawns, i could hear people talking, yelling to be heard, it was awful couldn't focus at all, had to go back inside, already missing the good old days.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jkokura

Quote from: alanp on May 13, 2020, 09:05:54 AM
Speaking of hair, how many people are seeing kids running around with pudding-bowl or electric clipper haircuts?

I usually cut our boys hair anyways, so I've gotten practiced at it, but I myself am in need. looking forward to seeing someone about this shag soon.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

davent

A nephew got married this afternoon, planned months ago for today, not quite as envisioned or planned, rather abridged version. My sister's immediate family, kids and grandkids alone would account for eighteen heads. Total person count for the ceremony, the official doing the job, the marrying couple, the two mothers, live streamed for anyone else.
dave

jimilee

That's more than 10 people in a gathering, I'm gonna need you to step out of the car sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Well, at least it'll cut back on extended family feuds erupting over dinner.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on May 17, 2020, 10:13:45 PM
Yeah, but for those of us on the sidelines, that's entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

davent

Quote from: alanp on May 17, 2020, 10:13:45 PM

I only see members of my family together at most three times a year, Christmas was the last time, so no time to get the feuds cranked up but...

Another opportunity fast approaching, a niece is getting married in June, again all planned and arranged many months ago, who knows where things will be at in a months time, gatherings of 10 allowed?
dave

davent

A friend i haven't seen or talked to since New Year's eve called this afternoon to catch up. She has a nephew going to school in New Zealand and was going to visit in April but that all was kiboshed. Her brother and the rest of his family flew into New Zealand to visit on March 14. On the 16th they were on another plane back to Canada after our government announced get back now or you may not get back in. Weekend trip to New Zealand, 18 or so hours one way.

dave

gordo

That blows.  I'm living outside of Chicago these days but had a family friend in Winnipeg pass late last week.  The family is putting off any sort of a large service till restrictions ease a bit.  I'm thankful for that.  Stupidity reigns supreme here in the States as restrictions are lifted in a large number of states and folks are going about their business as if nothing happened.  Thinning the herd I suppose.  As long as everyone stays safe it's good to see the folks that are under a huge financial strain get back on track.  This has been rough.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

davent

Quote from: davent on May 17, 2020, 07:25:07 PM
A nephew got married this afternoon, planned months ago for today, not quite as envisioned or planned, rather abridged version. My sister's immediate family, kids and grandkids alone would account for eighteen heads. Total person count for the ceremony, the official doing the job, the marrying couple, the two mothers, live streamed for anyone else.
dave

Niece's turn tomorrow to get married. My brother's marrying them i figure so he can squeeze an extra family body into the ceremony, not streaming this on either. Plans gone awry... i think we still have a five person limit in effect.
dave