News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Official Coronavirus Discussion

Started by peAk, February 27, 2020, 07:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

The ostrich effect.  I'm totally disgusted with what goes on and have resigned myself to the fact that all I can do is stay masked, stay clean, and stay away.  I don't even bother with the news anymore.  At least here everyone has an intelligent and informed approach.  There's a whole truckload of dumba$$es out there.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

Quote from: jimilee on July 10, 2020, 12:26:06 PM
I feel like getting sick and possibly a slow painful death would be worse than anything, but that's just me.
Oh man, that killed me  ;D

I read recently that the "Sleepy Joe" nick-name isn't getting the same traction of any of the other gems the president has coined.  My take is that after all the chaos, a nap sound really nice to most Americans.   

On a lighter note, I have been enjoying late night TV adds for masks with copper or zinc wire woven into the fabric.  No mention of what that does, just "the healing power of copper...".  You know....copper, right?  Guess I'll save some dough and put a few pennies in my mouth.   

mjg

Quote from: Bio77 on July 10, 2020, 03:08:43 PM
On a lighter note, I have been enjoying late night TV adds for masks with copper or zinc wire woven into the fabric.  No mention of what that does, just "the healing power of copper...".  You know....copper, right?  Guess I'll save some dough and put a few pennies in my mouth.

I'm sure we all have a few spare PCBs lying around, why not strap them to our faces?  They contain the magic of copper, right?

Ahh dammit, now I'm tempted to build a pedal into a face mask, just for giggles.

midwayfair

Folks, I know that the pandemic has been politicized in general, but it would be really nice if we could avoid having a political discussion about it, however hard that might be. I think most of us see that enough elsewhere.

Again, I know it's probably difficult, but I get nervous that the quality of discussion heads downhill when people start mentioning politicians by name.

matmosphere

Quote from: mjg on July 10, 2020, 03:15:07 PM
Quote from: Bio77 on July 10, 2020, 03:08:43 PM

I'm sure we all have a few spare PCBs lying around, why not strap them to our faces?  They contain the magic of copper, right?

Ahh dammit, now I'm tempted to build a pedal into a face mask, just for giggles.

... woven from only the finest unicorn hairs...

alanp

Now that you mention copper, I'm surprised stuff like colloidal silver hasn't been hitting the headlines.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

midwayfair

I think if people made an airtight mask out of copper and wore it for a little bit they probably would not get COVID.

matmosphere

Quote from: midwayfair on July 10, 2020, 04:28:44 PM
Folks, I know that the pandemic has been politicized in general, but it would be really nice if we could avoid having a political discussion about it, however hard that might be. I think most of us see that enough elsewhere.

Again, I know it's probably difficult, but I get nervous that the quality of discussion heads downhill when people start mentioning politicians by name.

With all due respect, I couldn't disagree more. This stuff is important to people's lives and having place to calmly discuss it with people here is a respite from the news, not a reiteration of it.

It seems to me a lot of days that people need to actually have civil discussions about what is going on in the news. People don't synthesize information as well from just hearing it. Discussions help people process information and helps to clear up misconceptions about things.

I don't think it's healthy to avoid talking about things because you disagree. Seems to me if we want to make things better we're going to have to figure out how to talk to each other about difficult subjects.

We seem to be able to do that here. I appreciate that about this place.

madbean

Update in the bean household: my wife has been sent back to WFH for the next two weeks at minimum. They gave the option to employees to do this or stay in the office. Not sure what this means for the company's future. Also, some counties in Tenn. have decided to start the school year as online but they haven't made a decision in Sumner county yet.

So, everyone is back at home again for now. In unrelated news, I am available for adoption to a good home. Require minimal feeding and watering and only occasional bathroom breaks.

davent

Quote from: madbean on July 10, 2020, 06:17:51 PM
Update in the bean household: my wife has been sent back to WFH for the next two weeks at minimum. They gave the option to employees to do this or stay in the office. Not sure what this means for the company's future. Also, some counties in Tenn. have decided to start the school year as online but they haven't made a decision in Sumner county yet.

So, everyone is back at home again for now. In unrelated news, I am available for adoption to a good home. Require minimal feeding and watering and only occasional bathroom breaks.

Well my daughter's house sitting for a number of months so we have a spare bedroom but... border's still closed and doesn't appear many up here are in any hurry for that to change, we got us a wall.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

TheDude

Quote from: davent on July 10, 2020, 06:29:01 PM

Well my daughter's house sitting for a number of months so we have a spare bedroom but... border's still closed and doesn't appear many up here are in any hurry for that to change, we got us a wall.
dave
...... can poutine be shipped through the mail? I'm having withdrawals ......

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

The dude abides

jimilee

We work from home, so we're here all the time. Daughters room is free all week and every other weekend. Desk with soldering iron is already in there, and, I'm only an hour away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Haha haha!!!

Dave has won the internet folks.

Time to shut it down

jkokura

Quote from: davent on July 10, 2020, 06:29:01 PM

dave

Where I live, the economy is taking a huge hit because of the closed border. I'm glad the border is closed, but the tourism here is largely based around American's coming up here to head out to the fly in fishing and hunting camps. They're all shut down, because there is nobody coming in to use them.

All I know is that the fish are gonna be in plentiful supply next year and they'll be bigger than average.

Also of note, I regularly catch 2-3 foot Northern Pike (we call them Jackfish) on an average day of fishing. Walleye here can be 1.5-2 foot pretty easy.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals