News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Official Coronavirus Discussion

Started by peAk, February 27, 2020, 07:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

I'm scared.  I'm not trying to convince anyone else that they should be scared too.  Being afraid is not my expression of a political view.  It is my body's response to trauma and chronic stress.  I have two immediate family members in Florida, which is not helping.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Ebk, it's understandable. This is scary shit.

Try to focus on the stuff you can control. And be sure to talk to people when you feel overwhelmed, internalizing that stuff will not help, and let's face it nobody is going to question your fears right now.

Face mask, hand washing, and social distancing have been helping us all stay safe so stay vigilant. Don't let your friends and family mistake the fact that they haven't gotten sick so far as an excuse to ease of best practices.

Take care man, next month may not be any better, but we will get there.

gordo

+1 on the above. More people should be scared but the only control you have in an uncontrollable situation is personal protection.  On the plus side we won't be getting the flu or a cold anytime soon.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

+1 on the above

I've been in a funk recently as the reality sets in that this is going to be life, likely for a long while.  Things in California loosened up for a bit and it seemed like it was going to be more bearable but still safe.  The school districts were planning a hybrid schooling system that the kids were looking forward to.  But with the recent surge, that's not going to work.  I'm trying to figure out a new work from home schedule that will free my mornings up to help the kids with school work.  The last part of the previous school year was not great. 

Bio77

On a lighter note! The US could get everyone to sign on to the mask wearing if they just had the right marketing; it needs to be cool.  They had it all figured out in the 80s.

EBK

Quote from: Bio77 on July 15, 2020, 11:58:23 AM
On a lighter note! The US could get everyone to sign on to the mask wearing if they just had the right marketing; it needs to be cool.  They had it all figured out in the 80s.

Or this:
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jimilee

This mask is where it's at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

MTK

This is my favorite so far. Any other Skyrim fans here?

matmosphere

Quote from: Bio77 on July 15, 2020, 11:58:23 AM

If you give me a motorcycle that changes into a helicopter I'll wear whatever you want me too.

Aentons

My wife told that me that another mom she knows was "mask shamed" in Lowe's the other day. That's right... An old red neck white guy scolded a women in public... For wearing a mask

gordo

No shortage of stupid. Really doesn't seem to be much of an issue around here. Downtown Chicago bars...that's a different story.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

EBK

Walmart is about to try to have a masks-required policy.  ::)

matmosphere

Quote from: EBK on July 15, 2020, 05:09:50 PM
Walmart is about to try to have a masks-required policy.  ::)

All they have to do is not let people in. There are several other stores doing it or starting to do it next week. Kroger, Costco, Best Buy, Kohl's Are some of the largest ones.

alanp

Anyone spotted any luchador masks in use?

I've played far too much Saints Row 3...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

davent

Quote from: Aentons on July 15, 2020, 02:38:25 PM
My wife told that me that another mom she knows was "mask shamed" in Lowe's the other day. That's right... An old red neck white guy scolded a women in public... For wearing a mask

'Redneck' interpretation of 'land of the free'?
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?