News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Rat

Started by Thewintersoldier, February 27, 2020, 07:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Really happy with how this one turned out. I like this so much better than the rat 2 reissue I used to have. The clipping options I'm still exploring. Currently I have stock silicon and germaniums but may try LEDs or something else. This thing rips. Metal can 308 ftw.

Who the hell is Bucky?

Drew Hallenbeck

Man, that looks nice!
I really dig the overall aesthetic you've got going on there!
Two thumbs up!!!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

cooder

Excellent inside out! Nice built for sure!
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

That looks great!  What color is the enclosure? 

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on February 28, 2020, 09:04:37 AM
That looks great!  What color is the enclosure?
Thanks, that's a Rust-Oleum matalic black steel with a hammered clear coat followed by a 20 min bake in the pedal toaster oven
Who the hell is Bucky?

Betty Wont

Very clean job! If you do try other clipping diodes, I suggest a pair of infrared LED, they are my faves in this circuit.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Torgoslayer on February 28, 2020, 10:13:07 AM
Very clean job! If you do try other clipping diodes, I suggest a pair of infrared LED, they are my faves in this circuit.

I will have to try that. I've read of green and red leds being popular but not infrared
Who the hell is Bucky?

Betty Wont

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on February 28, 2020, 10:29:27 AM
Quote from: Torgoslayer on February 28, 2020, 10:13:07 AM

I will have to try that. I've read of green and red leds being popular but not infrared
They generally have the lowest fV of the LEDs. This makes the volume jump between clipping modes less dramatic while providing the most distortion you can get.

jjjimi84

Very nice job, I love the artwork.