News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"Ricky Spanish" fuzzy factory

Started by Thewintersoldier, February 29, 2020, 07:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

This is one of the craziest sounding pedals I have made and definitely the coolest looking one that's for sure. In a colab with Dan aka jjjimi84 I give you the Ricky Spanish fuzz. I reached out to Dan about having him do an enclosure for me because I love his style and artwork. Being the humble and gracious artist and all around nice guy he is, he seemingly dropped what he was doing and made this amazing piece of work. I had a fuzz factory board from pedalpcb and knew that a zvex build was perfect for a hand painted project. Dan's style is perfect for this and being a huge American Dad fan I wanted a Roger Smith artwork and what better for a nasty fuzz than his alter ego Ricky Spanish. Ricky is the most disgusting and hated persona Roger has, and Dan knocked it out the park.
The inside is nothing special. It has a blue Led, vintage motorola 2n3904 and for the germanium transistors I picked thru my small stash from small bear and landed on Q2 with an hfe of 74 and Q3 and hfe of 128. Sounds gnarly. put it together last night and put it thru the paces and got lost. 2 hours had passed and forgot that I was just "testing it out." lol always the sign of a winner. Thanks again Dan for being so nice and giving me a truly drool worth pedal that zackary vexter himself would be jealous of.

Who the hell is Bucky?

dawson

I was expecting to see "GUARDIANS of the ANALOGUE," only to scroll down and see an incredibly colorful half-naked alien who appears to be defecating- "whu-HUH?"

Awesome collaboration, dudes!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

jjjimi84

The insides look great! I am glad you love it, thanks again for reaching out to me. It was a fun project to work on.

cooder

Sweetest gnarlyness of collaborations there!
It sure is a crazy circuit to get lost in space and time...
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Roger the alien, nice. The fuzz factory is just crazy isn' t it? Looks bleak, nice job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.