News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Leviathan Delay

Started by ChrisTracker, April 16, 2020, 05:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisTracker

This is my first DIY delay and it sounds amazing. I overlooked one resistor instead of 2k2 from pin 6 of PT2399 to 1k. I didnt bother to replace it because it was covered by a mounted pot. Another resistor from pin14 of PT2399 instead of 2k7 I use a 3k resistor due to availability. Should I use a higher one or better with a lower value? (2k2?) or just stick with 3k maybe it wont change anything. Just 2 different value from the required one that bugs me a bit. But still mine sounds awesome and its verified

Thanks

madbean

No need to change either of those. The 1k resistor is the minimum value you would want to use for the 2k2. The 3k for 2k7 just means a hair more high frequency content is rolled off coming out of the delay. As long as you like how it sounds then no reason to change it.

ChrisTracker

Ah just as I thought.
And one more thing, is there anything that I can do about the mix?
It seems I need to get the pot maxed to get the desired unity or is it really that way
Thanks

madbean

You can lower R21 from 10k down to something else. 4k7 or 2k2. Even 1k.

ChrisTracker

I change 10k down directly to 1k. I liked how the mixed pot behaves now. I dont need to maxed it out to get the desired mix. I like my Leviathan overall now.

Thank You