News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I’ll take a Bottle of your finest Klein please!

Started by jimilee, February 29, 2020, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Just finished this beast and it freaking works. I just knew it wasn't going to, you have to build it completely without rocking it before boxing it. Peter's video was super helpful, now I just gotta figure out how the damn thing works. I bought the "Kit" which is basically just the hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

benny_profane

Nice one! Welcome to the club. Check out this post for a consolidated list of the features and look into Peter's suggested modifications.

cooder

Epic! I have a kit as well.... when winter comes I might get onto it... I should...
BigNoise Amplification

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jubal81

Really impressive, bud.
Looks like you might have some solder bridges on the SMD ICs, though.  Hitting those spots with solder wick ought to fix it up.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

EBK

Quote from: jubal81 on February 29, 2020, 08:57:02 PM
Really impressive, bud.
Looks like you might have some solder bridges on the SMD ICs, though.  Hitting those spots with solder wick ought to fix it up.
Intentional.  Don't worry.  I worried about my own build when I saw the same bridges.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

czapa tranzystor 2

Govmnt_Lacky

Curious,

Why the use of the SMD parts? There is clearly enough room for through hole. Was it because those parts are only available in SMD?

Excellent build Jimi. I also stopped on the SMD solder bridges however, I then supposed they were needed.

jimilee

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on February 29, 2020, 11:23:41 PM
Curious,

Why the use of the SMD parts? There is clearly enough room for through hole. Was it because those parts are only available in SMD?

Excellent build Jimi. I also stopped on the SMD solder bridges however, I then supposed they were needed.
I don't even know, but I wondered myself. A lot of the parts are bunched up though, so I don't mind. I wondered about the solder bridges also.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

Quote from: benny_profane on February 29, 2020, 08:05:09 PM
Nice one! Welcome to the club. Check out this post for a consolidated list of the features and look into Peter's suggested modifications.
Yep, it's a lot to take in. The send to 1 or send to 2 is still a little complicated to take in. A video is most helpful.

gordo

Thought the same about the bridges but I figured you couldn't have bridged 1&2 on 3 chips so it must be intentional.  That's some work my man.  Looks like it'll be as hard to play as it was to build!!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

dawson

Holy smokes!
Nice work, dude, I hope you have plenty of patch cables!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

jimilee

Quote from: dawson on March 01, 2020, 02:24:03 AM
Holy smokes!
Nice work, dude, I hope you have plenty of patch cables!
I played in bands for a goos portion of my 39 years. I have patch cables,
maybe too many.

dawson

Quote from: jimilee on March 01, 2020, 03:12:40 AM

I played in bands for a goos portion of my 39 years. I have patch cables,
maybe too many.

^Nice!  Judging from the demo I watched, it takes around 45-50lbs to get started with the Klein Bottle.

Have any of your bands past/present got any tunes I can check out?
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

MTK

... :o  That's insane. Great job on all that work. This has the most anything I've seen in a single pedal.