News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nom Nom Speed LED question

Started by Caedarn, March 01, 2020, 03:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caedarn

Hello all -
I just finished (maybe) building the Nom Nom project.  The speed LED, though, flashes continuously even when the pedal is bypassed.  This doesn't seem right to me.  Is this how it's supposed to work, of have I messed something up?

thanks in advance

benny_profane

How did you wire it up? Unless you wired it so that it is bypassed when the effect is, the rate LED is a part of the LFO circuit and will display the rate as long as the circuit is powered.

You should be good to go.

Caedarn

Quote from: benny_profane on March 01, 2020, 03:34:56 PM
How did you wire it up? Unless you wired it so that it is bypassed when the effect is, the rate LED is a part of the LFO circuit and will display the rate as long as the circuit is powered.

You should be good to go.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I figured out my mistake.  I had the cathode connected to the wrong ground point on the 3PDT switch.  I built the project using Madbean's bypass board.  But the build docs show wiring to the 'bare' 3PDT footswitch, and I made the bad assumption that the board would have the same pin configuration.  I thought I had checked the connections at all the lugs to see what worked, but I obviously didn't. 

When I connected to the same lug as the "On" LED cathode connects to (the upper left lug) it works correctly.