News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Duelin Herbies

Started by jimilee, March 02, 2020, 05:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I've had this board for probably 2 years now. I'm working on clearing out my old boards. I built this probably over the course of a month, I've found it helps reduce errors. It's a great pedal, bits it's as easy as the meatball to work. For those who don't know, it's a doable Chris dual filters with an oscillator. One filter open and the other closes. The bottom left is an order switch switch to give you different combinations. I thought the subtle Herbie theme was the way to go.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

holy knobs and switches batman! I want a demo of this. your killing it lately.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Drew Hallenbeck

The love bug rides again!!!!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

mjg

That...is a lot of knobs.

cooder

I bet you can drive anyone within in 50 metres distance into insanity with this and the finest bottle of Klein that you just pumped out... ;D
Knobs galore. Needs more cowbell, maybe...

Great build of course.
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Quote from: cooder on March 02, 2020, 11:20:19 PM
I bet you can drive anyone within in 50 metres distance into insanity with this and the finest bottle of Klein that you just pumped out... ;D
Knobs galore. Needs more cowbell, maybe...

Great build of course.
Indeed. A cowbell pedal would be just the thing. A dual cowbell pedal would be insane!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Tremster

jjjimi84

This is just insane! Please do a demo of this, looks like an insane amount of possibilities.

Really nice work as usual!

Bio77

Build looks sharp!  +1 on the demo, this thing looks bananas

alanp

I approve of the knobberation of this device.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on March 03, 2020, 08:00:20 PM
I approve of the knobberation of this device.
Thanks Alan, I was trying to match the rest of the design....Knobberation....

diablochris6

I dig the Love Bug theme, and the knob choices do a good job at color-coding the layout.Great job, Jimi!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Timko

Nice work!  I actually screwed up a build of this earlier in the year.  I'm going to attempt to build another one (I etched the enclosure already), but since you just finished, I have a question for you:  When effect is powered on and in Envelope mode, which of the LEDs is on, and which of the LEDs is off?

jimilee

Quote from: Timko on March 06, 2020, 02:23:59 PM
Nice work!  I actually screwed up a build of this earlier in the year.  I'm going to attempt to build another one (I etched the enclosure already), but since you just finished, I have a question for you:  When effect is powered on and in Envelope mode, which of the LEDs is on, and which of the LEDs is off?
In the above photo, the LED on the left is on and the right is off, which, or course is reverse when you turn it over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lrgaraujo

This build is insane! Great job, man