News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

fat pants question

Started by chris weaver, March 04, 2020, 02:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris weaver

having trouble with this build, built several over the yrs? My voltage at r7 goes from 9v to .40 ...22r 1/4w resistor... am I losing my mind? am I missing something? after that part seems pretty consistent .40 volts in the build?
A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth. Joseph Conrad

madbean

Well the first thing I would consider is that you have not used a 22R but something much higher. What's the color code on the resistor you've used?
Alternatively, something with the charge pump could be sinking current.

chris weaver

i verified it, red red black gold brown, and i put a new one in for good measure....could it be the zener ?
A caricature is putting the face of a joke on the body of a truth. Joseph Conrad

chris weaver

i put a jumper in & got the same reading

madbean

post a pic of top and bottom please

chris weaver

chris weaver

chris weaver

So, I was thinking, maybe I should replace the d1 for giggles. Also perhaps do a continuity test ...maybe there's a bad trace ?

zgrav

checking your zener sounds like a good idea.  something is dropping your voltage in that part of the circuit.   what voltage reading are you getting at d5 & c11?

chris weaver

.25 & .22...i think the board maybe bad, never got a bad board from bean, but i have from a couple other places. I'm going to order a new one & start over!