News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vol Forge (sabbra cadabra)

Started by harryklippton, March 04, 2020, 07:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryklippton

I'm really enjoying how this pedal sounds. I managed to get a stash of MPF4393s for these builds, but it looks like they have since dried up. I recently got some surface mount mmbf4393s and will build one more just to compare for fun.

Graphics are laser printed on adhesive vinyl and then clear coated. It was my first time trying any graphics. I also tried one with "sticker paper" which has a more matte surface and didn't really like being clear coated.

Willybomb

They look great.  Can I give you a hint with those labels?  After you cut them out, run the side of a sharpie tip along the edge, holding the sharpie at 90 degrees to the sticker.  This gets rid of the white edge that you get (which is hard to see, admittedly) when you look at the label from the side.  You have to be careful not to get any sharpie on the face of the label as it is usually a different shade of black and will show up in certain lights, hence using the side of the sharpie.

harryklippton

Thanks for the advice. I actually did that as a touch up on one of the others I built, but didnt think to do it to the whole sticker edge as a default!

jimilee

Those look really sharp, nicely executed.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.