News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Exemplar Drive - now with cooler knobs

Started by Willybomb, March 06, 2020, 04:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all.

I won this PCB for placing in the 2018 BOTY comp and brought a bunch of yellow powdercoated 125b boxes off FB marketplace a little while ago.  Completely unsure what to put in those boxes, so they're getting relatively random builds put in them as I have heaps of veros and stuff that need boxing.

This is also the result of what happens when you have no artwork inspirations.  I layered the drill template and the pcb diagram in photoshop, and stuck the lot onto a transparent sticker.  I applied it, clearcoated, and drilled the enclosure.  The swarf went under the sticker so I had to pull it off, quick sand and clean with wet/dry paper and iso alcohol, stick my spare sticker on, finish with a clearcoat.

Not my favourite knobs, but I had them lying around and they don't cover the artwork.  Edit:  I've stolen the knobs off Stealth and used them here.

Willy.

EBK

I learned a new word today!
Swarf!  8)
Sounds like it would make an excellent pedal name.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

harryklippton

Quote from: EBK on March 06, 2020, 06:19:58 AM
Swarf!  8)

Same for me.

I like the inside out artwork too.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Looks great. I had a build that I did the same way, I like the way it turned out.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

Quote from: harryklippton on March 06, 2020, 06:58:07 AM
Quote from: EBK on March 06, 2020, 06:19:58 AM
Swarf!  8)

Same for me.

Wow, same here... I can't believe I've never heard that before. Sounds like a Sniglet!

I like the inside out graphic as well. That yellow is a cool color too. Great job

Caedarn

I think the idea for the graphic is awesome!

(DEAD)fx

I dig the board layout artwork! Real pedal nerd vibe to it.  8)
omnipresent dude at (DEAD)fx, davidevansaudio.com/deadfx
tech/design engineer/shop rat at Avenson Audio, avensonaudio.com