News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PedalPCB.com Spirit box plus MBP 4:1

Started by jjjimi84, March 08, 2020, 02:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is the spirit box, a nice little reverb with a control set that does the subtle reverb I like. I am not an ambient player really and prefer my reverbs really subtle and quiet. Surprisingly for an EQD clone it has the ability to do that and like EQD pedals you can get kinda weird if you want.

I wanted to post the MBP 4:1 with this to show how far I have come as a painter, I painted the 4:1 on August 20th 2018 and the spirit box was painted on March 3rd 2020.

Pretty cool to see the progress, I wish my playing could take leaps like that.

MBP 4:1, This is my go-to shape for elephants when I do squeeze bottle pancakes for my son.

PedalPCB.com Spirit Box, built November 6th 2018 and painted March 3rd 2020.

jimilee

Fantastic. I wish that I had that art ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

TGP39

Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Thewintersoldier

Damn Dan, that is sick! This just shows practice and persistence is the key. And isn't the spirit box a really awesome sounding reverb.
Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Score, twice! Nice builds and graphics for sure, well done! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Quote from: jimilee on March 08, 2020, 04:39:03 PM
Fantastic. I wish that I had that art ability.

I am forced to do hand painting because of my inability to sit and learn how to do any other finishing methods. I have said this before, I am totally jealous of so many of the builds around here that use awesome graphics and etches. I bought water slide paper and promptly gave up after it took longer to do a layout of captain america in GIMP than it would for me to paint it.

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 08, 2020, 11:57:40 PM
Damn Dan, that is sick! This just shows practice and persistence is the key. And isn't the spirit box a really awesome sounding reverb.

Thank you Chris, I realized last night that I spend about 2-4 hours per box and have done over 100 hundred so the work is definitely getting put in. I actually did not like the pedal at first, which is why it sat unpainted for almost 2 years. The whole reason I didn't like it was because of I was using it in the effects loops instead of in front of the amp. This last two months has been a revelation for me since I stopped using effects loops and just run my amps wide open and use effects for gain.

With it in front of the amps I feel like I can control the amount of reverb and keep it subtle and not have such drastic changes when I kick on different effects.