News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EgoDriver (AKA SSRI)

Started by Jamiroking, November 18, 2011, 03:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamiroking

This one's pretty nerdy but SSRI stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor which is the drug that is usually used for treating OCD. This pedal was one of the reasons I started building. I really love how it can get crunchy but still maintain clarity between notes.

I got a little complicated with painting this one. First, I painted the whole thing green and used a bunch of rubber bands to mask it. Then I painted white over it to get all the green stripes.

Then I had to paint the parts that the decal was going to cover white so the designs will show up. I think I was a bit too conservative with this step since some of the elements still ended up on green, making it hard to read

jkokura

That looks really neat. I like the creative way to finish this thing. I like the Neutrino that you did too.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

mjcyates

rowland1

As a pharmacist, I am qualified to say that is just what the doctor ordered. I love it. Very creative!!

masterlk

TNblueshawk

Awesome finish and nice gutz. I may have to steal that idea one day.

I'm curious on the finish, after you sprayed the white, did you get any build up where the rubber band touches the enclosure (maybe too thick of a coat kind of thing) and if so, did you wet sand a little? If not, then cool. I guess the key would be not to spray too thick with the white.
John

Jamiroking

Quote from: rowland1 on November 18, 2011, 01:34:33 PM
As a pharmacist, I am qualified to say that is just what the doctor ordered. I love it. Very creative!!

Haha thanks for the perscription. When I'm not building pedals, I'm a PhD student in neuroscience so this build let my nerdier side through a bit more than usual :)

Quote from: TNblueshawk on November 18, 2011, 02:48:10 PM

I'm curious on the finish, after you sprayed the white, did you get any build up where the rubber band touches the enclosure (maybe too thick of a coat kind of thing) and if so, did you wet sand a little? If not, then cool. I guess the key would be not to spray too thick with the white.

I found that masking and respraying with rubber bands or masking tape would result in a definite difference in paint level but I decided not to try to sand it out of fear of messing up the whole thing. Just like how I tried not to white paint over any more green stripes than I had to. After I spent so much time laying the undercoat, masking, respraying, masking again, spraying, etc etc, I was much less likely to try to 'fix' anything since usually I end up worse off than when I started. I just forged ahead with the clear coat.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: Jamiroking on November 18, 2011, 08:10:04 PM
Quote from: rowland1 on November 18, 2011, 01:34:33 PM

Haha thanks for the perscription. When I'm not building pedals, I'm a PhD student in neuroscience so this build let my nerdier side through a bit more than usual :)

Quote from: TNblueshawk on November 18, 2011, 02:48:10 PM

I found that masking and respraying with rubber bands or masking tape would result in a definite difference in paint level but I decided not to try to sand it out of fear of messing up the whole thing. Just like how I tried not to white paint over any more green stripes than I had to. After I spent so much time laying the undercoat, masking, respraying, masking again, spraying, etc etc, I was much less likely to try to 'fix' anything since usually I end up worse off than when I started. I just forged ahead with the clear coat.

Shoot, I hear you. It is like a tar baby sometimes on finishing an enclsosure. Looks great though.
John