Author Topic: COVID-19 and mbp  (Read 1515 times)

madbean

• Administrator
  • Electron Doctor
  • Brian
    • View Profile
    • madbeanpedals
COVID-19 and mbp
« on: March 12, 2020, 06:28:25 PM »
To piggyback on Josh's announcement (https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=30876.msg297609#new) --

mbp store will not be closing for all current stock but there will be a delay for re-stocks. The listed Mid-March releases were planned for next week but will come the week after (let's say around the 25th). This is just a sensible precaution for the items I have recently received that originate overseas. In fact, I won't be even handling them myself for several more days (and believe me I wanna open the box really bad :) )

The virus can linger on hard surface material for up to nine days (thank you Bio77) so let's just be safe and build in a generous buffer on our little pedal projects.
Things are fine, actually.

gordo

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
    • Project Website
Re: COVID-19 and mbp
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 06:58:51 PM »
Just when I have some time on my hands...

Probably a wise move. The hobby will wait.
Gordy Power
On lockdown outside of Chicago

jimilee

• Global Moderator
  • Electron Doctor
  • Jimi Lee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 07:58:40 AM »
 Stocked up on the last refresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rockola

• Stompbox Star
  • Ola @ Helsingrad, Finland the funland
    • View Profile
    • my personal website
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 02:12:40 AM »
build in a generous buffer on our little pedal projects.
I saw what you did there. Will the next giveaway be called Generous by any chance?

Bio77

• Electron Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 11:50:59 AM »
This was published today, and directly measure SARS-CoV-1 vs. SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19).  Interestingly, they measure the half-life of the virus on copper, perfect for you Brian ;D

According to this 3-days is more than enough quarantine time. 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973?query=RP

madbean

• Administrator
  • Electron Doctor
  • Brian
    • View Profile
    • madbeanpedals
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 07:38:06 PM »
This was published today, and directly measure SARS-CoV-1 vs. SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19).  Interestingly, they measure the half-life of the virus on copper, perfect for you Brian ;D

According to this 3-days is more than enough quarantine time. 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973?query=RP

That's super, thanks for posting it!

Slight update: I fully expect sales to be pretty low right now. And, they should be while people focus on their immediate health and financial concerns. But, I'm still going to be plugging away as I always do because that's what I do :) So, I will carry on as if life is normal for now.

That said, I will be putting some of the regular re-stocks back in the store by Friday and the rest of the new stuff and re-designed layouts (Afterlife, Cupcake and Pastyface) next week as planned. Everything has worked out great and this will be decent size release.

I still plan on doing a demo for the Ice Scream and Fuzz Duo. It's a bit hard to figure out how considering everyone is at home and my wife is working/video conferencing during the day. But, I will follow through on my commitment to do demos for everything possible this year even if they come a bit late.
Things are fine, actually.

Ben N

• Diode Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 06:04:46 AM »
Thanks, Brian. I suspect there may be more demand than you think, with lots of people with extra time on their hands. (I'm not one of them.)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 05:39:51 AM by Ben N »

jalmonsalmon

• Solder Ninja
  • John
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 06:52:03 PM »
I work for the USPS and can tell you that the virus will not live past 24 hours on any paper surface and anything coming out of China..., by the time it gets here... no worries of the virus being on any surfaces of their packages.  HOWEVER MY WORRIES are handling some JOES letter that he put in his mail box for me to pick up that is infected with COVID-19 ...
Yup
Good times
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

harryklippton

• Transistor Tickler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 09:04:54 PM »
I work for the USPS and can tell you that the virus will not live past 24 hours on any paper surface and anything coming out of China..., by the time it gets here... no worries of the virus being on any surfaces of their packages.  HOWEVER MY WORRIES are handling some JOES letter that he put in his mail box for me to pick up that is infected with COVID-19 ...
Yup
Good times

My brother is a carrier for USPS and he told me a few days ago their official directive is even if the state shuts down, they are required to report to work.