News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

But why toilet paper and not food?

Started by jimilee, March 14, 2020, 01:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Rhubarb is starting to poke through here, huge leaves.

Is there a run on bidet installation, can't get a plumber because their all doing bidets.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

BrianS

Back a few years ago the last hurricane that blew into south TX caused a run on gas stations and it took almost a week for things to return to normal.  The media was actually trying to help by telling people to stop and carry on normally and things would be OK.  Of course that didn't happen and people were driving all over San Antonio trying to find gas.  The storm blew east of the area and all the flash flooding, bad weather was pretty much nonexistent. I was making a joke about selling TP at the intersection and then I clicked on the below article and stopped thinking that way.  Is this a little bit of justice, getting 17,000 bottles of sanitizer shoved up your rear, for trying to profit off an emergency?  But I'm sure he is not out any money since he was selling it for $8 to $70 a bottle.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/he-has-17700-bottles-of-hand-sanitizer-and-nowhere-to-sell-them/ar-BB11blvS?ocid=spartanntp

lars

Quote from: EBK on March 14, 2020, 02:09:41 PM
Toilet paper is high in fiber and goes well with most sauces and seasonings due to its neutral flavor profile.
;D I have found though that the combo of very spicy food and toilet paper is generally an unpleasant experience.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Govmnt_Lacky

Definitely NOT making light of the situation however....

People still wonder how Hitler was able to get a nation to approve of the atrocities that were committed simply by his public addresses. Think about that when wondering why so many people are hoarding TP simply by what they "hear."

alanp

Now I'm wondering if the vulture-sellers are going to get a bit of wall-to-wall counselling when word gets out in their localities.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

CodeMonk

Quote from: BuGG on March 14, 2020, 03:43:14 PM
I suspect the trend was spread by the internet....

It was a little different here though, no one seemed to be hoarding anything except hand sanitizer and clorox wipes.   Ironically there was plenty of hand soap available everywhere.    ::)

Yesterday the food and toilet paper disappeared all at once.   I don't think anywhere here took it serious until it affected the sporting events.

Well, UNR (University Of Nevada Reno) as well as those they compete against has canceled all games, basically until further notice.
I only go to the football games, so that doesn't really affect me personally.

But I did have tickets for Lynyrd Skynyrd tonight, which was moved to October 2nd, and current tickets will be honored.
So I'm kinda bummed about that, but i do understand.

I haven't been to the big store for a few weeks. Just the little gas stations nearby. so I dunno how bad things are there yet.
My friends call me Rob

Affiliations :
Dalton Jones Electronics: Chief Tinkerer

Drew Hallenbeck

I got lucky yesterday while doing my normal shopping for the week. They had a few cases that were being put on the shelves so I was able to get a pack each of booty wipes and paper towels. I went to our local Chinese food joint for a carry out order later and was joking with the owner about how crazy people are acting right now. She told me that someone had stolen the TP from their bathroom in the restaurant earlier in the day!  :o
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

jimilee

Quote from: Drew Hallenbeck on March 14, 2020, 09:56:55 PM
I got lucky yesterday while doing my normal shopping for the week. They had a few cases that were being put on the shelves so I was able to get a pack each of booty wipes and paper towels. I went to our local Chinese food joint for a carry out order later and was joking with the owner about how crazy people are acting right now. She told me that someone had stolen the TP from their bathroom in the restaurant earlier in the day!  :o
I joked about that at work yesterday. Girl had a roll on her desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

juansolo

Quote from: BrianS on March 14, 2020, 05:44:25 PM
Back a few years ago the last hurricane that blew into south TX caused a run on gas stations and it took almost a week for things to return to normal.  The media was actually trying to help by telling people to stop and carry on normally and things would be OK.  Of course that didn't happen and people were driving all over San Antonio trying to find gas.  The storm blew east of the area and all the flash flooding, bad weather was pretty much nonexistent. I was making a joke about selling TP at the intersection and then I clicked on the below article and stopped thinking that way.  Is this a little bit of justice, getting 17,000 bottles of sanitizer shoved up your rear, for trying to profit off an emergency?  But I'm sure he is not out any money since he was selling it for $8 to $70 a bottle.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/he-has-17700-bottles-of-hand-sanitizer-and-nowhere-to-sell-them/ar-BB11blvS?ocid=spartanntp

A perfect example of why we are doomed as a species.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

Quote from: AristotleIf the youth of today represents our future, we are surely doomed.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Scruffie

Quote from: alanp on March 15, 2020, 12:39:13 AM
Quote from: AristotleIf the youth of today represents our future, we are surely doomed.
At a spry 29 years, I feel I can retort with this
Works at Lectric-FX

Willybomb

Rice, pasta and flour is pretty much gone from our shops here.

jimilee

Quote from: Willybomb on March 15, 2020, 05:28:32 AM
Rice, pasta and flour is pretty much gone from our shops here.
Well, that's a step in the right direction. We got out and just looked around last night; people here are hoarding Ramen Noodles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Scruffie

Cider vinegar is another to add to the obscure list of panic purchases due to its supposed health benefits.

Is salad dressing so much to ask?
Works at Lectric-FX