News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Glitchee

Started by gordo, March 14, 2020, 05:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

Picked up this board because I liked the demo and thought it might be interesting.  Holy crap this thing is fun!!!  Not boxed up yet, it's on my test rig but I spent the last hour diddling around with it.  All kinds of cool sounds in this little beast and for being such an odd effect I think there is plenty of prime time usage to be had.

Pics to follow.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on March 14, 2020, 05:38:13 PM
Picked up this board because I liked the demo and thought it might be interesting.  Holy crap this thing is fun!!!  Not boxed up yet, it's on my test rig but I spent the last hour diddling around with it.  All kinds of cool sounds in this little beast and for being such an odd effect I think there is plenty of prime time usage to be had.

Pics to follow.
So you diddled your glitchee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Indeed.  For an hour...
Gordy Power

BrianS

Quote from: jimilee on March 14, 2020, 05:47:53 PM

Pics to follow.
So you diddled your glitchee?

Quote from: gordo on March 14, 2020, 06:37:17 PM
Indeed.  For an hour...

Always a breathe of fresh air to see some of the humor that flows on here.  Gordo I hope your Glicthee diddle was fun.  Sounds like something Aerosmith could make a song out of.

gordo

Da na na na na naa Dude diddles his glitchee
Gordy Power

gordo

Jimi you've put me back on track to put a bit more effort into enclosure art.  I guess I sort of go thru phases of this stuff.

Gordy Power

jjjimi84

Man, I love those graphics! So incredible you guys can do that stuff, how long does something like that take?

jimilee

Those are badass gordo, you need to send me the glitchee one, I love it. Glad I could be an inspiration.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

I winged it on the Glitchee and Florist.  Just some random backgrounds I found on the web.  The VFE's I've been stealing from Reverb photo's, which are typically clean and straight on from the front. They still require a lot of cleanup and since the footswitches on the originals accommodate a battery I usually have to rearrange the graphic to compensate for a lower switch position.  Still, I like Peter's artwork so it's worth the effort.  I usually try to at least get close with the fonts.

I import the Bean PDF into PSPro, and then bring in the VFE photo and stretch it till the controls line up.  Then using different layers I can carve it up as needed.  I'm a pretty crappy graphic artist so this is the limits of my abilities :-)
Gordy Power

Betty Wont

Agreed. The Glitchee is super fun and has all kinds of new sounds in it. I really dig mine.

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on March 15, 2020, 02:34:35 PM
I winged it on the Glitchee and Florist.  Just some random backgrounds I found on the web.  The VFE's I've been stealing from Reverb photo's, which are typically clean and straight on from the front. They still require a lot of cleanup and since the footswitches on the originals accommodate a battery I usually have to rearrange the graphic to compensate for a lower switch position.  Still, I like Peter's artwork so it's worth the effort.  I usually try to at least get close with the fonts.

I import the Bean PDF into PSPro, and then bring in the VFE photo and stretch it till the controls line up.  Then using different layers I can carve it up as needed.  I'm a pretty crappy graphic artist so this is the limits of my abilities :-)
That's my general workflow as well. I've been photoshopping forever and a day, Beans PDFs import easily and are super handy for the art layout.

gordo

I got it boxed up.  No knobs yet, its time to put in an order with LMS.  This new board layout is really nice for short and clean wiring.  The enclosure is the grey powdercoated Smallbear and I really like the color.  It's like dark white, if that makes any sense.

Gordy Power

cooder

Score! That looks just sweeeet!
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Oh man, that turned out killer!

Caedarn

Quote from: gordo on March 15, 2020, 05:34:08 PM
I got it boxed up.  No knobs yet, its time to put in an order with LMS.  This new board layout is really nice for short and clean wiring.  The enclosure is the grey powdercoated Smallbear and I really like the color.  It's like dark white, if that makes any sense.

Looks great!  I really like the gray Smallbear enclosure also. It really is a very light gray, almost off-white, and is a very versatile color.