News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ludwig phase II

Started by PMowdes2, March 15, 2020, 05:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMowdes2

Putting the finishing touches to the prototype build for our updated Ludwig Phase II design.  I dislike offboard wiring bad enough to drive me to redesign the pcbs with headers for the cross board connections, a few cut outs allow access to the trimmers on the lower boards.  Just waiting for a psu to arrive before i can fire it up.

DeadEndFX

gordo

Damn that's impressive.  Really great layout work!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Yahoo67

Very nice !

Did you manage to mod it to work with a normal expression pedal or we still need to build one like the old version ?

jjjimi84

I love this, some really fine work! I cannot wait for the hooke reverb to be released, i refresh the page daily.

jimilee

I don't know what it is but is has the word phase in it, I feel like I need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Betty Wont

This version makes me feel like i can finally tackle it. I can't wait. Great layout!

Philthy

Great work.

I just googled what an original looked like - damn!!

cooder

That is hot! What a cool layout! :o
BigNoise Amplification

m-Kresol

wow, that looks very impressive and super clean. any pics of the bottom layer pcb? looks like the top one has some room to spare
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

gordo

Jimi, worth the google.  Was a Pink Floyd weapon of choice back in the day.  A little antiquated by today's standards but was WAY ahead of it's time.  The original looked like an ATM with foot controls.  And built by a drum company!!!  I've long sold my ARP Avatar but this is in that "holy crap...they could do THAT in the dark ages" vein.

The fact that it could be built into an enclosure this size is absolutely mind-blowing.  I think the original had a bazillion diodes just to make it work.
Gordy Power

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: gordo on March 16, 2020, 11:03:35 AM
I think the original had a bazillion diodes just to make it work.

Not really BUT... it pushes almost 30 transistors  :o

PMowdes2

Quote from: gordo on March 16, 2020, 11:03:35 AM
Jimi, worth the google.  Was a Pink Floyd weapon of choice back in the day.  A little antiquated by today's standards but was WAY ahead of it's time.  The original looked like an ATM with foot controls.  And built by a drum company!!!  I've long sold my ARP Avatar but this is in that "holy crap...they could do THAT in the dark ages" vein.

The fact that it could be built into an enclosure this size is absolutely mind-blowing.  I think the original had a bazillion diodes just to make it work.

Aren't you confusing the Ludwig with the Synthi hifli, which had two 120 string diode ladders and was very much a pink Floyd thing. 
The Ludwig was used in the sonic youth song the diamond sea.
DeadEndFX

gordo

Damn, that's right.  I stand corrected.  Thanks.
Gordy Power

sammy-arfie

Quote from: PMowdes2 on March 15, 2020, 05:22:18 AM

Putting the finishing touches to the prototype build for our updated Ludwig Phase II design.  I dislike offboard wiring bad enough to drive me to redesign the pcbs with headers for the cross board connections, a few cut outs allow access to the trimmers on the lower boards.  Just waiting for a psu to arrive before i can fire it up.

Hey, i was just wondering if you had any photos of the completed control board for this build? Troubleshooting my build currently and a photo of the control board would help immensely.

PMowdes2

Sure, I'll go grab it. Might be easier to do it over FB or Instagram if you have an account.
DeadEndFX