News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Coming Up: Quarantine Builds

Started by madbean, March 20, 2020, 07:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I don't think this will be a contest but next week we'll start a Quarantine Build area. I'm thinking a fun activity we can participate in (those of us that are available) as a group would alleviate some boredom and stress that goes along with our collective social isolation. So, I'll make an official announcement Monday. And, I will definitely be participating myself :) I actually have a lot of builds to complete for the coming weeks so it would be fun for me to have a WIP thread for one of them.

Lubdar

I love the idea of this!!!
I have a backlog of pcbs to populate...I just hope I have all components :)
(--c^.^)--c

Stomptown

cooder

Will we need latex gloves, masks and safety goggles to enter and participate in that part of forum...? :o

Just kiddin'.... you gotta have a laugh anytime especially when things get rough. I'm in.
BigNoise Amplification

alanp

Got some PCBs on order.

If they go into production and ship before this finishes, I'll post 'em there.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

I got just a whole punch of PCBs recently and just ordered two more. Should be a good time. Just got the word I'll be working from home for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

That sounds great!  I think we should all steal Timko's idea and label them Corona #x....

I'm finishing up my first one tonight.  I took a break from pedals to brew a few batches of beer. Now I have enough fuel for soldering. 

Timko

I'll definitely participate in this. I finished my first quarantine build this afternoon and am working on artwork for the 2nd now.

Willybomb

I've got a bunch of builds to box, and I'm also waiting on my tayda UV printed enclosures to turn up, so I'm in.

Drew Hallenbeck

Sounds like fun, I'm in. Definitely have a small backlog of things to finish up.
And I'll definitely be stealing Timko's idea of numbering them "Corona #__" on the inside of the cover!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Marshall Arts

Finished my LAB5 yesterday, I'm in. We could extend the thread to anything else we get finished during the crisis. For example cleaning the basement ;-)

Willybomb

QuoteWe could extend the thread to anything else we get finished during the crisis. For example cleaning the basement ;-)

Great idea.

CODymmoT

I'm in. I have a few pcb's and all stick to build em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bret608

Looking forward to this too! I managed to squeak out a Small Bear order before New York went into more serious lockdown, so I just happen to be in the process of finishing up a Cherrybomb I've had languishing for ages.

tcpoint

Great idea.  If anybody is out of work, I could donate a project or two.  I'd like to keep it in the US, to save postage.   I just started a Pedalpcb Lenora Boost (J Rockett Lenny) and will probably start my Lab 5, soon.