News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Cutter - Runtime Error

Started by Bio77, March 22, 2020, 07:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

I finished this one a few weeks back.  I really like this circuit, it sounds very unique, highly recommend giving it a try.

EBK

Such graceful curves on that wiring!
Love the scissor hinge too.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

gordo

As much as I love the fact that it recreates my youth...is there any thought on how to tame the wild EQ?  I think that's the selling point of the original but also why it might have gone extinct.  Frank used it to great effect.  Me...not so much.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Timko

Great looking build.  And the circuit looks pretty interesting.  The Systech Harmonic Energizer was the 2nd Madbeans build I ever did and this sounds like an interesting take on that.

Thewintersoldier

mad props to you on the clean 1590a build. I'm not sadistic enough to do one. The scissor hinge is ingenious. 
Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Noice! It cuts through the mix I'm sure....!
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

Thanks guys!

Quote from: gordo on March 22, 2020, 10:32:40 PM
As much as I love the fact that it recreates my youth...is there any thought on how to tame the wild EQ?  I think that's the selling point of the original but also why it might have gone extinct.  Frank used it to great effect.  Me...not so much.
Not sure, I like it untamed and weird.  I'm imagining this being used in the studio for a unique lead tone.  BTW, thanks for the advice on this, it would have made a terrible combo pedal with an envelope filter  ::)
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 23, 2020, 12:21:49 AM
mad props to you on the clean 1590a build. I'm not sadistic enough to do one. The scissor hinge is ingenious. 
They're actually not that bad once you get used to them.  You have to build a little more 3D than with a bigger enclosure.  I'm starting to like them more for overdrives in particular.  Mostly for the reduced space in my collection. 

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on March 23, 2020, 06:04:02 PM
Thanks guys!

Quote from: gordo on March 22, 2020, 10:32:40 PM
Not sure, I like it untamed and weird.  I'm imagining this being used in the studio for a unique lead tone.  BTW, thanks for the advice on this, it would have made a terrible combo pedal with an envelope filter  ::)
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 23, 2020, 12:21:49 AM
They're actually not that bad once you get used to them.  You have to build a little more 3D than with a bigger enclosure.  I'm starting to like them more for overdrives in particular.  Mostly for the reduced space in my collection.
I don't like them in use either. I had some in the past and they always felt unstable on my pedalboard. I have a size 12 4E foot and I always felt like I was in danger of rolling an ankle stepping on one haha

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

dawson

Awesome graphic-
I've been working hacking on an overdrive design with multiple clipping options, and the graphic...well, you beat me to it!

Looking good as always!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.