News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wolverine - Madbean BEOD Pif

Started by Willybomb, March 23, 2020, 06:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all, here's Wolverine, my build of a BE-OD on a prototype Madbean pcb that I won in a PIF from Brian a couple of years ago.

In case you missed the earlier posts, it's a tayda pre-drilled, powdercoated, UV printed enclosure.  If you have a build you definitely want to box, these are great but need the power jack drilled out for the usual jack, and the LED hole is 4mm ( think - it was too big for a 3mm LED) , so it needed drilling out for a 5mm.  Might work for a 3mm w/ plastic bezel.  As luck would have it, the Pedalpcb predrilled enclosure was a perfect fit for the MB template.

Took a while for the box to arrive (cheapest postage this time), but not needing to drill, prime, sticker, clear the box makes the wait worthwhile.  It appears the text is a little blurred, and my gain label is a bit off center.  That's probably a limitation of the printer, combined with a vectored file.  Or it could be something I did.  The off center text is definitely my fault.

Sounds great, but it has a bit of a whistle at the higher gain levels that disappears with a buffered pedal in front, so I'll drop one in tomorrow night.

MTK

Looks good, man. I've used that Wolverine image once before too.

gordo

That looks really good.  Like you say, the quality is a tad off but just having the ability to print to a dark color enclosure is pretty cool.  It's gotta be way more durable than decals.

Very nicely done and thanks for the report.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thewintersoldier

Clean build and awesome wolverine graphic. Guardians approved!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?